Team Manager Embedded SW Development, Nav & Guidance
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:27:40 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Avionics & Digital Systems
Location(s): Mexico; Queretaro
At GE Aviation in the Navigation and Guidance Team we are re-designing the sky. We create the Flight Management System (FMS) which is a specialized embedded system that automates the entire flight of an aircraft with minimal human intervention using cutting-edge technology. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As Team Manager within Navigation & Guidance organization you will: lead an organization of Software Engineers focus on the development of software for embedded applications; collaborate in a global environment integrating a Flight Management System (FMS) for multiple commercial and military aircrafts; become responsible for the performance of a team of Software Engineers; lead and technically support projects; and, act as the main team's interface with Project and Functional Managers.
- Lead a software engineering team. Provide direction, communication, motivation, guidance and team performance aligned with company policies and culture.
- Team Development. Recruit and staff people, manage individual performance, develop and grow team personal careers.
- Project execution. Manage and deliver results in terms of budget management, project execution, efficiency, quality and cost control.
- Project Management. Act as Project Manager for Software Development projects and/or supporting other project managers in the various phases of the project management methodology
- Technical Leadership. Participate technically in Software development activities such as provide technical guidance, perform technical reviews, support solution design, define software/system requirements and support the tools qualification process
- Point of contact. Act as the main interface between the N&G User Interface organization and the leadership team at Mexico and US.
- BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technologies related field
- 6+ Years of Experience in Software Development Industry, including technical experience as software engineer
- Demonstrated experience leading projects in the Software Development Industry for a minimum of 2 years, with responsibilities on cost, schedule and scope control
- Experienced managing people’s performance/development, team leading and effective communication
- Excellent communication abilities, oral/written both English and Spanish
- Legal right to work in Mexico. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Experience leading Software Development teams and projects in a regulated environment
- Experience with mission critical embedded control systems in aerospace or other applications
- Ability to influence others and create cohesive groups
- Knowledge of RTCA DO-178B/C Software regulations, engineering policies, and internal Software Development documents
Locations: Mexico; Queretaro