GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences Role Summary:
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Global Life Sciences Reporting Manager is responsible for the financial reporting of GE’s Life Sciences business. The individual will work with the Life Sciences P&L leader & regional teams, specifically Asia, to drive business financial operating mechanisms… including estimates, pulse updates to leadership and quarter close financial reporting. Essential Responsibilities:
• The individual will own the financial responsibilities for the HQ functions (Commercial Operations, Marketing, Administration) and be a business partner to its respective operating leaders. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Report and analyze actual business performance, whilst ensuring accuracy of LS reporting. Understand, communicate and explain variance drivers within the business, key dynamics and align with strategic imperatives. Monitor performance against the business priorities.
• Short range estimating processes, including running the estimate roll-ups for the Life Sciences business. Track progress against plan at a detailed level and build a set of recommendations to deliver the expected performance / target.
• Driving standardization & process improvement across operating businesses in all aspects of planning and reporting, including best practice sharing.
• Partner with the Commercial Operations leader, the CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) and other operating leaders to provide financial and risk support to deliver the functional priorities within the budgets allocated to those functions.
• Co-lead an India-based COE to deliver sustainable financial reporting and analytics across the business and work closely on a daily/weekly basis with stakeholder in China.
• Must be fluent in Mandarin AND English
• Must have experience working in the Healthcare industry
• Significant experience required in audit, finance & specifically FP&A
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (eg. Hyperion, ORACLE, etc.), strong Excel skills
• Strong critical thinking skills and ability to add value to operating teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others and drive change while working across all levels, functions, and regions
• Experience working in a matrix environment
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs or equivalent knowledge and experience Locations:
• Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
• Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions involving process improvements; able to quickly grasp new ideas
• Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
• Integrity: accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
• Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions
• Strong knowledge of GEHC financial and commercial operating systems
• Prior leadership Experience
• Master’s degree or equivalent
Opening date - 25th April 2017
Closing date - 23rd May 2017
For further information about this role and to apply, please visit www.ge.com/careers quoting reference 2872005
United Kingdom; Amersham, London