At GE Aviation Systems, we’re reengineering the sky. From our work on flight efficiency services
and integrated avionics to our innovations in integrated electric power and propulsion systems and
SmartGrid on aircraft, GE Aviation is dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in
aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a
dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development
keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture
and integral to our growth.
Here, you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing
cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination
products or the cockpit of tomorrow, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those
innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with
challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering
the sky through aviation systems that will impact the globe for generations to come.
For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
The Lead Digital Design Engineer demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for the digital electronic design function of the business. In this role you will use your experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals. Essential Responsibilities:
Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
Provide technical leadership to personnel supporting the assigned project.
Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments.
Participate on teams assigned to address organizational initiatives and generic issues outside of direct project tasks.
Participate as a presenter or reviewer in technical and program reviews.
Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedure.
Activities will include, but not be limited to:
- Design for safety, testability, and manufacturability.
- Select electronic components for rugged environments
- PCB area estimation, power dissipation, component stress.
- Troubleshoot circuits
-Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Perform Circuit Worst Case Analysis.
- Perform Electrical simulation.
- Perform Design to cost analysis.
- Support PCB design with EMC and manufacturability guidelines.
- Support mechanical design, software, test engineering, and manufacturing.
- Support qualification and acceptance testing.
- Support lifetime testing, EMC, electrical pulses, ESD.
- BS Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience designing hardware.
- Strong and proficiency English level.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Solid oral and written communication skills.
- Accustomed to working within a recognized quality system.
- Experience defining requirements, developing specifications and selecting electronic components,
and ability to work with suppliers to ensure technical requirements are met.
- Able to clearly formulate and communicate complex design concepts.
- Having the organizational skills to deliver to budget and schedule with minimal supervision.
- Ability to diagnosis skills technical issues in electronic systems and to develop practical solutions
suitable for manufacture.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willing to occasionally travel internationally.
- Capable of developing and writing specifications in an engineering environment.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and systems.
- Experience of FPGA Design and Verification to DO-254.
- Experience of design and testing of products to the environment requirements of DO-160.
- Experience in technical proposal writing.
- Understanding of thermal issues associated with electronic systems.
- Highly motivated.