GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We may not have a specific job for you today, but are interested in your expertise for tomorrow. We’re looking for experienced people, and we offer opportunities around the globe in Engineering. Role Summary:
The Engineer provides assistance to Electronic Design work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role you will execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects of moderate complexity using engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements, in addition to resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning. Essential Responsibilities:
Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers.
Document and communicate results of technical data generated.
Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives.
Share engineering information and promote open dialogue.
Prepare invention disclosures to protect the technology that provides a competitive advantage to the business.
Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
Activities will include, but not be limited
- Design for safety, testability, and manufacturability.
- Select electronic
components for rugged environments
- Schematic capture.
- PCB area estimation, power dissipation, component
- Troubleshoot circuits
-Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis (DFMEA).
- Perform Circuit Worst Case
- Perform Electrical simulation.
- Perform Design to cost
- Support PCB design with EMC and manufacturability guidelines.
mechanical design, software, test engineering, and manufacturing.
- Support lifetime testing, EMC, electrical pulses,
- BS Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering or a related subject.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience designing hardware.
- Acceptable English
- Acceptable oral and written
- Accustomed to working within a recognized quality
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Willing to
occasionally travel internationally.
- Familiarity with design, test and analysis tools and
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills. Locations: