Finance Manager 1 - Operational Accounting
- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:28:17 PM
- Job Function: Finance
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for driving Financial accounting & controllership for revenue, taxes and capital spend for MMF with a projected plant turnover of $ 400 MM in 2017. This position will report to MMF Finance Controller and will partner with various mfg. COEs, Controllership team at GGO India and other controllership teams at business HQs to deliver & set up strong processes, controls, review rhythm, coordinate internal & statutory audits. This role will partner to ensure compliance's as per GE Policy.
This Role will more specifically drive :
• Drive compliance with company policies and control requirements, work on standard operation procedures (SOPs)
• Manufacturing finance accounting
• Work with India back office for book keeping and reporting per IGAAP and US GAAP and give all operational support to the audit teams
• Coordinate with various external agencies like auditors, local CPA firms to close tax, statutory and internal audits
• Lead financial hygiene and accounts reconciliation
• Drive finance process simplification
The ideal candidate will need to have a strong plant accounting background preferably in a combination of products and projects setup :
• Revenue recognition, billing & taxation
• Billing to internal customers, resolving queries and provide reconciliations.
• Bank Realization certificates process ownership
• Cash metrics and PCRE scheme ownership.
• Oracle customization & implementation of new process.
• Responsible for reconciliation of AR balance and closure of open items.
• Assist in handling statutory audits, CAS, Internal audit & Tax audit.
• Work closely with cross functional teams
• Identify opportunities for customs duty benefit for exports
• Support US GAAP reporting
• Support business in driving simplification initiatives, preparing & rolling out accounting policies.
• Handle ODM, Workflow and tax accounting process.
• Work closely with Fulfillment team to ensure export invoices are charged to right customer and no error between remitter and customer
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration. Preferably a CA or ICWA
2. A minimum of 10 years of financial work experience.
3. Exposure of working in ERP instances e.g. Oracle.
• Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers generate alternatives and drive positive change.
• Clear thinking / problem solving: able to lead projects/process improvement within operations / finance function; Able to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them.
• Good understanding of US GAAP & Indian GAAP and Indian tax laws
• Ability to prioritize & promote teamwork;
• Self-motivated, high energy;
• Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
• Confidence / Assertiveness: possess influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives
• Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
• Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
• Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
• Experience working in a matrix environment
• Desire to drive IT improvements in the organization.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment
Locations: India; Pune