GE Global Operations is GE’s shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every region
around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise Data and IT,
we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our customers. We foster
rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize potential.
We strive to be the world’s best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers,
businesses, investors and employees.
Find out more at target=“_blank”>http://www.ge.com/careers/global-operations/cincinnati Role Summary:
As Lead Sourcing Specialist for (IT & Telecom (IT&T) and Travel & Living (T&L) categories in the Nordic countries) you improve the total cost of ownership of the various services within the covered category(ies) by:
- Deeply understanding the need and the ability to see beyond pre-conceived solutions
- Leveraging the entire Sourcing organization to take benefit of GE’s scale and market probing capabilities.
This position can be located in Helsinki, Finland or Uppsala, Sweden.
- Own the Indirect spend within IT & Telecom (IT&T) and Travel & Living (T&L) categories in the Nordic countries.
- Proactively looking for then leading projects delivering added value, improving our base cost and our efficiency in general, by partnering with both your business stakeholders and the category teams at a European and Global level.
- Continuously review and improve processes.
- Communicate very regularly at all levels of seniority within the organization in specific Sourcing space and on cross functional teams on how Sourcing contributes to overall strategy.
- Assists in the continuous development of the Sourcing function towards best practice.
- Advises Functional managers or other Functions regarding approaches, processes and procedures in the own field.
- Master degree with both IT&T or T&L and Sourcing experience, or a Bachelor degree with extensive experience in Sourcing.
- Excellent English, both spoken and written.
- 1 Nordic language spoken and written, Finnish would be an asset.
- Curiosity, humility and common sense will be your 3 best assets
- Effective problem identification and solution skills: Experience in Lean or similar waste tracking methodologies will be preferred
- Very strong analytical and organizational ability: Project management experience will be preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
Please apply via www.ge.com/careers no later than 14th of May 2017. For more information please contact Eric Dubern, Senior Sourcing Staff Manager, Tel. +47 46799557
Locations: Finland, Sweden; Helsinki