GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Lead Strategic Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and driving the strategy for assigned commodities across multiple sites to meet deflation, cash, fulfillment, quality and inventory objectives over multiple product lines based in Shannon, Ireland and Leicester, UK. In addition, the individual will be responsible for managing the transfer of commodities shifting to the Shannon, Ireland facility from other product lines and global locations.
• Lead the development and execution of the global commodity strategy and purchase agreements for assigned commodities and product lines.
• Meet cost out targets via supplier negotiations, supplier competition (alternate supplier development and/or shifting to Low Cost Region suppliers) and should cost tools.
• Collaborate with the product line “transfer of work” teams to successfully move the direct material spend to Shannon. This includes the onboarding of existing and/or new suppliers into ERP systems, ensuring no disruption in material supply during and post the transition and developing the commodity strategy post transfer to further reduce lead times and cost.
• Ensure supplier performance stability to meet delivery and quality expectations, via lead time reductions, capacity improvements, etc.
• Drive supplier compliance to GE standard payment terms and increase days to pay to meet cash goals
• Leverage vendor managed inventory (VMI), consignment, stocking programs, and Min Order Quantity strategies with suppliers to meet inventory and fulfillment goals
• Drive supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management excellence
• Develop alternate sources and/or risk mitigation plans for single and sole source suppliers
• Work closely with Commodity COE team, manufacturing and engineering to meet shared business objectives
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent
• 2 years of sourcing experience or equivalent
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
• Project management skills; experience developing and implementing strategic plans
• Strong financial and business analytical skills
• Negotiation and contract management skills
• Previous experience with sourcing projects in low cost regions
• OMLP graduate (GE internal only)
Locations: Ireland, United Kingdom; Shannon, Leicester