GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Test & Measurement Manufacturing Engineering Process Owner, is responsible for ensuring the design and manufacture of pressure and electronic metrology equipment are conducted in accordance with company procedures and environmental, health, safety and quality standards. The role will also ensure compliance to international / regional standards for all Test & Measurement equipment used during the manufacture of the products within the Groby & Changzhou manufacturing facilities.
Successful candidates should expect to:
• Work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment.
• Provide quick and effective solutions to production issues by supporting the development of new metrology capabilities and increasing process capacity as required by New Product Introductions, Custom Product Opportunities and Transfer of Work activities.
• Drive longer-term process improvements to ensure compliance and increase productivity
Own the manufacturing engineering processes as part of a multidiscipline, cross-functional team within the Test and Measurement department, including: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Creation and ownership of the departments operating processes for all aspects during quotation, equipment design, manufacture, factory acceptance testing, international shipping, installation and commissioning.
• Ensure project tollgates are conducted and be the technical signatory to ensure compliance to procedures and standards.
• Review and approve safety critical design documentation, including: Mechanical component and assembly drawings, Electrical circuit & wiring diagrams, Hydraulic and pneumatic circuit diagrams, System assembly drawings and User manuals.
• Influence product design specifications, to ensure new designs are optimized for compliance, including: safety, quality and performance.
• Lead PFMEA and Process Mapping activities to identify risks and optimize departmental processes.
• Time served apprenticeship with HND/Degree or equivalent experience in systems engineering or design discipline.
• Excellent understanding of pressure system safety and electrical safety in accordance with Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC), Pressure Equipment Directive (1997/23/EC) and Electrical Equipment for Measurement (IEC EN 61010).
• Strong background in multiple discipline (electrical, mechanical and fluid power) system manufacture / assembly in a high mix workshop environment.
• Strong knowledge of Environmental, Health, Safety and Quality requirements for engineered systems.
• Strong project management skills to ensure process improvement projects are delivered in a timely manner.
• Hands-on capability with good knowledge of machine safety and calibration processes.
• Ability to use CAD to asses and analyze test fixture and rig design.
• Lead and be contributing member of cross functional teams.
• Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, and manufacturing documentation.
• Strong analytical & problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with experience in technical writing and procedure development and implementation.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
• Proficient user of CAE tools (AutoCAD, Pro/Engineer, etc.). Locations:
• Experience of using SAP ERP.
• Experience with pressure measurement technologies.
• Proven experience in procedural creation and effective deployment.
• Support and/or Design experience with calibration and characterization systems.
United Kingdom; Leicester