GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you!
This is an exciting role encompassing all engineering disciplines with exposure to various electronic systems, products & technologies.
Sustainment Engineering provide through-life expertise and support for aviation products and components. They are responsible for the resolution of engineering, process, and test issues maximizing production yield in order to satisfy the needs of our customers. As the product focal you are responsible for improvements, obsolescence, configuration compliance.
As a Sustainment Engineer you will utilize your experience and expertise to support the production of aviation products to satisfy our customer requirements. You will work within a small team of engineers to resolve engineering and design issues to support a range of products. You will own technical elements of product support, including root cause analysis and corrective action, design change, and obsolescence resolution.
• Responsible for execution of design change for products within the team portfolios, including changes to technical documentation, drawings, bills of materials, specifications, etc, Qualifications/Requirements:
• Providing support to engineering purchasing queries
• Provide support to design and process improvements
• Develop solutions to technical problems, including support to production, field repairs, and component obsolescence
• Support the implementation of design changes resulting from FRACAS activities (Failure Reporting Analysis and Corrective Action System)
• Drive down the cost of production through the generation and execution of process improvement and material cost reduction initiatives
• Contribute to the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to ensure product engineering lessons learnt are fed back into development programs
• Ensuring compliance with mandatory regulations, standards and company processes
• Qualification to degree level in an electronic discipline, or equivalent experience
• Experience of working in a similar role and environment, not limited to aerospace
• Experience of working in a design role
• Strong document configuration knowledge
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Analytical, with a keen attention to detail Locations:
• Energetic and self-motivated, with an ability to self-manage tasks and priorities
• Strong organisational and communication skills
• A good team player who is capable of operating in a multi discipline environment
United Kingdom; Cheltenham