GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Additional introduction… It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
In this strategic Sales position, the Sr Business Development Consultant – F&B and CPS will be responsible for identifying sales opportunities within existing and new accounts, identifying, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among other responsibilities for the Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods vertical.
S/he will drive key activities, including prospecting, strategy planning, executive relationship development, discovery assessment, pilot and SmartStart programs, GE Digital ecosystem coordination, etc.
S/he will work closely with the other staff members in all GE businesses to drive and lead growth in service, software, and outcome-driven revenue generation. S/he will partner closely with leaders to drive the creation and development of an overall sales readiness vision in the context of our expanding global business.
- Establish a deep understanding of customers’ business needs by creating value to customers for our solution footprint within Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods Vertical
- Add value to the customer’s business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership
- Demonstrate to customers how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results
- Aggressively develop and drive a sustainable commercial and solution strategy across multiple customer divisions and geographic poles that is aligned to the agreed account goals
- Develop and execute an Account Playbook that formalizes the “go high / go low” strategy for the Enterprise account.
- Where applicable, develop a joint Governance process with executive sponsorship that aligns along the following pillars – Commercial, Product/Technology, Implementation and Support
- Leverage the “Big GE” by coordinating across multiple GE divisions to solve customer challenges and enhance value and loyalty through the introduction of GE Corporate programs. (e.g. Industrial Internet, Minds + Machines)
- Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
- Actively grow and maintain a multi-year account plan that will be shared globally with parts of our business including Marketing, Product Management, Sales, Professional Services, and the Development teams to ensure coordination across the business
- Ensuring a Professional Sales Experience for customers during all aspects of sales process and touch points including: Formal meeting agendas, formal follow-up stating sequence of events and next steps in writing, and issue resolution in a timely fashion
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product
Successful Candidates have both Software and Outcomes Selling experience and ood & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods Industry knowledge:
- Proven successful experience in Software and Outcome Sales within a software organization
- Proven experience in complex Outcome sales on C-level
- Consultative selling of cloud based, PaaS, SaaS and IaaS solutions
- Extensive experience in large accounts management and complex deals
- Manages and possesses working industry knowledge and skillset in the Vertical manufacturing.
- Proven track record of account management and outcome sales success
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, science, engineering, technology or related discipline
- Local language knowledge and fluent English required
- Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
- Proactive in seeking out new digital platforms to drive deeper connections with customers – such as heat mapping existing relationships on LinkedIn to identify new sales opportunities, active in industry groups/blogs to gain exposure to target audiences and viewed as a domain expert
- Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives
- Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization
- Thoroughly analyzes data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems
- Develops acceptable mitigation strategies that consider T&Cs of customers, competition and partners and key differentiators while also meeting business objectives
- Identifies and prioritizes critical GE resources needed to further the sales effort, negotiating with stakeholders for utilization
Locations: Germany, Spain, France, United Kingdom, Netherlands; Flexible in Europe