GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The Power Conversion Rotating Machines Engineering Team is responsible for the design and engineering of Megawatts level machines such as generators and motors and delivering optimized and safe solutions in line with the requirements from the business verticals.
• Understand the Global Technology & Engineering goals and objectives and help with local adoption Qualifications/Requirements:
• Provide technical support to Electrical Engineers, Projects, Commercial Operations, Test, Services and Sales including travel within UK and abroad when required.
• Participate in and lead; analysis, Lessons Learned. Design and Peer Reviews
• Participate in and Lead; Root Cause Analyses, FMEAs and Risk activities
• Provide technical and project guidance to Engineers. Share knowledge and provide mentoring to assist in aligning their competency and capability with the needs of the business. Facilitate the development, recruitment and planning of staff.
• Advance GE's large generator products through continuous innovation and improvement of product designs and design processes.
• Develop and provide training opportunities for the Technical Team
• Participate in activities associated with leading engineers by involvement in the development of; new software applications, Engineering Design Standards, test regimes, greater product performance, a standardization and rationalization strategy, and keep abreast of current advances in technology
• Liaise regularly with Chief Engineering Office
• Collaborate across functional areas.
• Issue Test specifications in accordance with international standards and review internal/witness inspection reports in comparison with specification requirements.
• Electrical Engineering degree (or equivalent knowledge and experience) or higher.
• Proven design experience in electrical magnetics and in electrical machine topologies such as DC, Synchronous, Asynchronous, Permanent magnet machine and any other special purpose rotating machines using analytical approach or Finite Element Analysis
• Proven experience/proficiency in using Electro -magnetic & static Finite Element packages, Matlab & Simulink
• In depth knowledge of large rotating electrical machines products, their engineering challenges and manufacturing and testing processes.
• Familiarity with the application of various industry standards such as: NEMA, IEC, and API
• Good written and oral skills with ability to communicate effectively across the business/Customers in English
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Be flexible in working times as dictated by work load requirements. Locations:
• Methodical worker with focus on attention to detail.
• Structured in approach and well organized.
• Motivating and influencing change agent, driven, self-starter who reacts well under pressure.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks in a challenging and fast moving environment.
• Knowledge and experience in using SAP and Team centre. Strong influencing / negotiating skills with ability to work in a dynamic team environment to set and meet aggressive goals
• Demonstrated leadership skills with flexibility, motivation to improve.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office 2010+ applications.
• Flexible approach, willing to work extended hours and travel as and when required.
United Kingdom; Rugby