Lead Engineer - Accessories
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:29:28 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Power Power Services
Location(s): India; Bangalore,Noida
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
In this role the engineer will be responsible for selection/design/installation & field issues resolution of electrical components/systems involved in power generation, evacuation and supply to auxiliary loads in a GE gas turbine based power plant. Successful candidates will also be responsible to develop interconnect cable schedule, cable & tray design/selection & routing for all power & control equipment supplied by GE in the entire power plant.
- Lead electrical engineering portion of project with full ownership of engineering activities, schedule and document release ensuring adherence to project budget, quality & timelines.
- Support & direct work to junior engineers and develop a simplified project execution methodology.
- Perform power plant electrical equipment sizing calculations and develop system studies as per project requirements.
- Perform relay parameter setting calculations for LV/MV/HV power equipment.
- Develop Protection, Synchronization, Control & Metering scheme for Generators, Transformers, Switchgear, Switchyard etc.
- Define electrical MV & LV equipment related to power plants. Prepare purchase technical specifications according to contract requirement.
- Control technical exchanges with customers and meet their expectations in a spirit of consensus & common interest.
- Lead design discussions & reviews with GE’s global electrical principal engineer & CTHs.
- Co-ordinate work and flow of information between different teams (such as project management, ME systems, Controls team, etc.) geographically located in different time zones.
- Develop new standard products in a constant search for a cost, quality, and design optimization.
- Follow-up with international suppliers from design to realization.
- Support pre-sales teams for technical issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from university of repute
- 7 to 8 years of experience in detailed engineering of electrical systems for power plant/ chemical plants.
- Strong site knowledge and understanding of issues in terms of installation of electrical equipment.
- Experience with electrical equipment within power plant and its integration with related balance of plant equipment.
- Have hands on experience working with Generator, its excitation systems, other generator auxiliaries & GT LCI/static start systems.
- Working knowledge of power plant switchyard equipment, power transformers, MV switchgears, GCB, plant communication networks, region specific Grid code & Electrical protections.
- General knowledge relating to the sizing of electrical equipment LV, MV & HV.
- Knowledge of applicable national & international codes/Standards/directives such as IEC, NEC, CSA, IECEx, ATEX etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Document design work clearly and meticulously.
- Ability to work in teams and achieve targets.
- Should have experience designing electrical systems (Equipment & Cabling) for gas turbine based power plants.
- Experienced in medium/low voltage equipment, control system architectures, interconnect cabling, load list, cable tray/conduit sizing, MCC & motor selection.
- Ability to perform engineering calculations & fault analyses to size components (such as GT Breakers, Transformer, Gen BUS etc) and perform design reviews and validation.
- Experienced in developing customer drawing such as One-Line, 3-lIne, AC/DC schematic, cable schedule, Tray layout, equipment ordering & fabrication skid specifications.
- Good experience working on industrial motors, electrical drives, power conversion equipment, Generators, and power plant automation equipment.
- Experience with Plant DCS Control systems is a plus.
- Field experience to inspect power equipment & perform design reviews at supplier or customer sites.
- Working knowledge of generator excitation/Static start systems
- Working knowledge of GE custom tools such as Smart Plant & other analysis tools like ETAP or equivalent
Locations: India; Bangalore,Noida