Cell Leader - CNC MACHINIST
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:29:31 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Saudi Arabia; Dammam
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The CNC MACHINIST Cell Leader will report to the Manager of Shop Operations and will lead the operations team responsible for the execution CNC MACHINIST. You will have full operational responsibility for this section of the Dammam Pressure Control operations. Successful candidates will be responsible for providing leadership on EHS, Quality and all aspects of Production to meet the metrics assigned around the Fulfilment-5.
• Developing, Operationalizing, Sustaining & leading Fulfilment-5 metrics execution on EHS, Quality, Delivery, Cost & Productivity.
• Driving a ‘zero exception’ culture with EHS; developing & sustaining Operations compliance to Regulatory & Non-Regulatory regulations.
• Championing Quality Management System compliance & helping the Quality team to operationalize & ensure compliance.
• Leading operations rhythm and working inclusively with EHS, Engineering, Quality, Sales/Commercial & Finance.
• Team management of salaried and hourly employees including production shift work leaders who oversee hourly employees.
• Ownership of all data integrity, budgeting and On-Time-Delivery for the Cell.
• Extensive communication & interaction with internal & external customers.
• Ownership of WIP cost
• Extensive Global involvement in leveraging best practices via Process Teams.
• Ownership of Utilization, forecasting, manpower planning and pacing for the cell
• Championing productivity initiatives and cost reduction projects in the cell
• Championing 5S Lean initiatives within the cell
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in CNC MACHINIST Operation Management.
• Ability to lead and motivate others within a team environment.
• Good understanding of workshop practices/processes.
• Demonstrated ability to lead change.
• Strong communication & organizational skills.
• Proficient business/financial skills.
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Demonstrated EHS and Quality focus.
• Demonstrated External Focus & interaction with direct customers.
• Proficiency with computer tools (MS Office minimum).
• BS/BA/BEng degree in Engineering or Business.
• Six Sigma Green Belt/Black Belt Certified.
• Project Management skills.
• Knowledge of manufacturing policies established by GE as well as API and customers
• Experience with Lean deployment.
• OMLP Graduate (GE Internal).
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Dammam