GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE’s Bently Nevada product line has been synonymous with machinery protection and condition monitoring for more than 50 years and is a leading global supplier of products and services for assessing and ensuring the mechanical and thermodynamic health of industrial equipment. The company maintains nearly 100 offices in the principal industrial centers of 43 countries, serving a broad base of more than 25,000 customers in industries from refineries and petrochemical plants to hydroelectric facilities and wind farms.
Read more about GE Measurement & Control Solutions on: http://www.ge-mcs.com/ Role Summary:
We are looking for a Field Engineer (The Systems & Instrumentation Engineer) to work in GE Oil and Gas in a permanent full time employment for the installation, commissioning and fault finding for the full range of hardware and software products in the GE Measurement & Control Solutions business portfolio. The location for this position can be anywhere in the Southern part of Finland. Essential Responsibilities:
The Systems & Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for the installation, commissioning and fault finding for the full range of hardware and software products in the GE Measurement & Control Solutions business portfolio. Primarily customers will be associated with the Oil & Gas and Power Generation industries internationally and may be located both onshore and offshore. Responsibilities include:
- Installation and commissioning of Bently Nevada hardware and software in a wide variety of machine types encountered in the Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Pulp & Paper, and other process industries.
- Troubleshoot existing Bently Nevada hardware and software installations on-site.
- Provide technical assistance to customers on site as needed.
- Provide on-the-job training to customer employees as needed
- Supervise mechanical and electrical sub-trades, and machine disassembly/reassembly.
- Install transducers and configure monitoring systems.
- Identify problems and take the initiative to eliminate those problems for project success.
- Maintain accurate timesheets and acquire customer's signature on timesheets before leaving the job site
- Write accurate and detailed reports after completion of each job.
- Maintain a working and operational knowledge of all Bently Nevada hardware and software.
- Monitor site safety during job execution.
- A 4-year college degree is desirable. A BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is desirable.
- Demonstrate authority and assurance dealing with people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to convey technical concepts to business and technical personnel.
- Ability to work under stressful working conditions.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office software.
- Electronics and/or mechanical trouble shooting skills. “Hands-on approach”
- Available for travel, and over-time.
- Possess a valid driver's license and passport (or able to obtain a passport).
- Finnish and English language skills both written and oral
- Significant of Instrumentation and industry (energy and/or oil & gas) experience.
- Knowledge of Bently Nevada products and services or other machinery protection and management systems.
- Knowledge of machinist tools and electrical trade.
- Knowledge of rotating machinery operation and controls systems.
- Ability to read, interpret, and understand mechanical and electrical prints.
- Basic familiarity with computer network systems.
- Green Belt Certified (GE internal only)
Please apply by sending your resume and application though www.gecareers.com no later than 31st of March 2017.
In questions concerning the role, please contact Leif-Arne Korneliussen, Tel. +47 90090226 or Leifarne.Korneliussen@ge.com Locations:
Finland; Southern part of Finland