Proposal Leader - GE Power
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:29:34 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Power Gas Power Systems
Location(s): Indonesia; Jakarta
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Proposal Leader (PL) is responsible proposal generation and bid strategy for the Gas Power Business. The role will have an oversight of overall proposal development responsible for driving teamwork between the various stakeholders to achieving profitable growth in the Gas Power Systems business.
- The PL will partner with the Account Manager (AM), to provide strong coordination to understand customer growth strategies, cultivate customer trust and develop customer credibility & influential relationships
- PL will be accountable for deal ownership, balancing risks and bridging to drive the outcome.
- The PL will enable customer & GE success through early planning by initiating kick off meetings to drive proposal time lines & engaging relevant stakeholders early on
- These responsibilities can be achieved through exhibiting the following attributes:
+ Having in-depth knowledge of the GE Suite of Products, including New Products Introduction and leveraging the product line group knowledge & product catalogue information
+ Understanding competitive products & key product differentiators, leveraging the marketing team and external resources
Customer Proposal Leadership:
- The PL will build proposals that will lead to GE Gas Power System account growth delivering profitable orders, delivering cash, margin and meeting megawatt penetration commitments.
- Be the contact point for receiving the engineers technical proposal and own the proposal submission, combining all aspects of the offering into a quality winning proposal package and drive responsibility for all aspects of contract management through development, specification compliance and scope clarity.
- The proposal responsibilities can be achieved through the following attributes:
+ Participate in the early positioning of opportunities with Product Line & the relevant engineering team.
+ Understand the winning strategy & communicate it as applicable, in coordination with the AM, to deliver the customer requirements & expectations.
+ Understand the technical output & leverage the Regional Customer Application Engineering tools, such as the Life Cycle evaluations.
+ Demonstrate strong financial attributes with a focus on the Op Plan, Pacing, Cash collections. Leverage the SFDC reporting tool to measure & track opportunities.
+ Use financial acumen to negotiate financial levers and understand the impact of price & margin, to both GE and the Customer, through areas such as credit rating, payment schedules, termination, interest costs of construction, costs of bonds & so forth
- The PL will partner with an AM and engineering, to collaborate as a lean deal "Team", for each opportunity, communicating as one voice & face to the customer.
- The team must understand customer evaluation criteria and the GE winning strategy and in doing so the PL will work side by side with the AM, through customer negotiations to anticipate & resolve obstacles, to defend, to close & win growth opportunities.
- The PL will drive leadership through the risk management aspects of the negotiations and ensure decisions are appropriately incorporated into the contract and recorded for internal compliance policies leveraging the relevant Delegation Of Authorituies & SFDC tools.
- These negotiation/winning skills can be demonstrated through the following attributes:
+ PL can demonstrate Use teamwork skills by partnering with the AMs to collectively strategize, evaluate and adapt contractual Ts&Cs & customer evaluation criteria showing knowledge of the contact, and being collaborative in decision making whether to accept or deviate from customer requirements.
+ PL will maintain the DOA (Delegation of Authority) Strike-zone tool and understand the rationale behind the tool to identify any risks, mitigants and be able to articulate decisions across all levels of management.
+ Be proficient at turning all decisions into actions within customer centric timelines.
+ Be flexible to react, with a sense of urgency, to new or changing market intel knowing when to solicit buy in.
+ Demonstrate the ability & confidence to propose winning solutions, with a "refuse to loose" mindset
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal communication & presentation skills, be very customer focused, with a risk manager mindset. He/she will have solid business acumen in market, products, commercial & financial arenas. Have a credible professionalism, strong negotiation skills, the ability to work with colleagues and customers at all levels of the organizations, and achieve/or exceed growth targets.
Other requirements include:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a relevant Business or Engineering discipline
* At least 5 years of commercial experience with the ability to structure deals & preferably can translate those into contracts
* Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills & proficient with IT tools & skills
* Strong communication skills at all business levels including senior leadership
* Ability to travel regularly – estimated at 30-50% time
* Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
* Experience in the electrical power generation industry or similar long cycle industry.
* Knowledge of the industry & of market economics, competitive dynamics, technology and projects
* Strong business acumen & an understanding GE's business model and an appreciation of customer financial drivers / needs
* Risk Management & legal experience in sales and in commercial contract terms & conditions negotiation, mitigation & execution preferred
* Ability to influence & lead a multi-functional team and operate in a matrix organization.
Locations: Indonesia; Jakarta