Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Manage the Sourcing strategy for a given set of commodities. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Comprehensive in-depth understanding of sourcing and purchasing concepts and principles in the own part of the function. Strong knowledge of commodity strategy concepts and execution in order to help the business to achieve the best supply chain perfomance. Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage a supply chain for the Industrial Steam Turbine business.
- Take the overall responsibility of the defined commodities in terms of: Supplier identification and qualification as well to improve the perfomance of the supply chain to support the business.
- Understand supplier risks and mitigate it accordingly.
- Price negotiation and slot reservation at supplier in order to guarantee supplier capacity to support the business. Implement & Manage GE General Terms and Conditions with suppliers.
- Coordinate supplier and product qualification together with Quality, Engineering and R&D.
- Support NPI programs with the suppliers. Support tendering & Sales process for specific projects.
- Drive Design for Manufacturing together with R&D and Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with significant experience in Sourcing)
- Significant experience in Sourcing area of direct materials in mechanical industry
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Proven analytical and organizational ability and team player
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
Locations: Poland; Elblag