- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:11:43 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Downstream Technology Solutions
Location(s): Poland; Elblag
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Manage the buying process for a given set of goods. Apply sourcing policy, interface between supplier and entity with respect to specifications and budgets. Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures to enable sourcing execution.
- Place and follow-up on POs
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution
- Manage problems and schedule changes. Update ERP
- Assess supplier capabilities and make recommendations on supplier acceptability
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities & proactively drive initiatives to meet Sourcing objectives
- Analyze and track Supplier promise date accuracy and develop reports to ensure Supplier promise date accuracy
- Support commodity buys
- Management of RFQs and price negotations with suppliers to reach project and Sourcing targets
- Writes reports to track PO activity and supplierperformance
- Communicates with direct team and supervisor
- Presents to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
- Elaborates proposals for improvement in approaches, methods, procedures and processes in the own field
- Contributes to project as a team member
- Ensure that project components are delivered on time at required quality and with lowest cost
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with significant experience in Procurement/Sourcing.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
- Team player, flexible and able to work under pressure
Locations: Poland; Elblag