Country Senior Engineer - Life Care Solutions, Thailand
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:29:52 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): Thailand; Bangkok
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Country Senior Engineer (CSE) provides technical support, training and counsel to field technicians and enginners (both direct and indirect workforces). He also supports direct end users and customers for technical issues and on calls for services.
The role shall report to the Clinical Care Solution (CCS) Service Team leader in the country and functionally align to Service Lifecycle Program Manager - Ultrasound & LCS for ASEAN.
The CSE is the primary local senior technical resource for all service-related questions relating to his / her product(s) scope and expertise. He / She is also responsible for managing CSOs, PQMs, warranty claims, parts usage and availabililty, deployment of technical support strategies and assessment of techncial competencies for all technical staff in his / her region / country.
The CSE forms the inspirational beacon for technical knowledge and high standard of customer experience by seeing every single customer-touching process and transaction through their eyes.
• Providing remote and on-site technical support to Field Service Engineers (FSe) and customers within his / her country. Technical support includes remote fix, parts check and recommendation, second opinion process, qualilty tasks and actions (PQM management, CHU process) and deployment & usage of relevant systems, processes and tools.
• Utilization of the GEHC escalation process as needed, working closely with local sales and service representatives, as well as global and regional SGM teams and Modality Service Leaders to define and support implementation of corrective action plans to resolve customer issues in a timely manner.
• Coaching and training of GE direct FSEs / Channel and Service Partner FSE's to help build up a competent frontline technical support structure to provide high level of service delivery capabilities.
• Ownership of the competency levels of the field teams which he / she has coached and the training outcomes.
• Ensure completion of all field modifications instructions (FMI’s) within prescribed timeframe by communicating and leveraging field resources (direct / indirect).
• Drive CSO closure and escalations in direct and indirect operations.
• Provide relevant feedback and information to support product serviceability and reliability, productivity program development and implementation, national modality program execution and new product introduction support & service delivery readiness.
• Proactively support projects and programs to improve service growth in the country.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Biomedical Engineering or Science or equivalent
• Minimum of 5 years of field service experience, and 3 years of specific GE LCS product experience (e.g. Anaethesia, Ventilators, Maternal Infant Care, Patient Monitors, Diagnostic Cardiology)
• Knowledge of relevant clinical applications
• Excellent problem solving skills and past track record and experience in this aspect
• Flexible to travel frequently across ASEAN ana SHS regions for different support and training needs
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in local language as well as good command of English
• Ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate in simple messages
• Excellent communication skills and strong presentation skills
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Technology
• Strong and proven ability to provide leadership and ability to influence teams
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills
• Prior experience working with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Locations: Thailand; Bangkok