GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Working Capital Solutions (WCS) leverages the financial solutions and industry expertise of GE Capital to offer Accounts Receivable management on a global basis to GE and its affiliates. We offer a full range of Accounts Receivable management capabilities, including financing and servicing solutions through our world class people, processes and technologies With over $55B receivables purchased annually and $10B of serviced assets at year end 2012, WCS provides credit and collections services through five Centers of Excellence and over 12 locations globally. WCS is part of GE Capital EMEA - one of Europe’s largest commercial and consumer lenders with more than five million customers and operations in 19 countries.
WCS is committed to global diversity by employing the brightest minds in the world to help us create limitless ideas and solve tough challenges. We provide employees with opportunities to reach their growth potential and contribute to the progress of the communities we serve. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth.
Our achievements reflect a culture of meritocracy where every employee can be a leader. We believe that when one person grows and improves, we can all grow and improve - and together, we all rise.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Join a culture of teamwork and imagination that facilitates customer-focused problem-resolution. Significant growth opportunities exist for an experienced high caliber graduate or credit professional to join GE Working Capital Solutions. This position offers international exposure within GE Commercial Finance and across the GE Industrial businesses and functions, which provides an ambitious candidate in this role with opportunities to develop a career.
Continuation of Role Summary / Purpose:
Please be advised the role will be hired on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
• Resolve customer inquiries promptly & accurately, by understanding customer market & needs. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Proactively contact customers for prompt collection or resolution of aged receivables, by regularly collecting & analysing customer data.
• Be responsible for customer financial order approval/releases, by balancing the needs of the customer with the financial realities of their liquidity.
• Have a controllership overview of the dunning cycle/letters.
• Establish and maintain appropriate credit lines for new and existing customers with the Risk Team by analysing customer financials.
• Balance risk and growth objectives by providing a strong link to the commercial, and actively supporting Credit/ Risk analyses and reviews.
• Validate that reports meet GE's risk & financial requirements.
• Coordinate Payment Plan proposals, pre-bankruptcy and pre-receivership recoveries, once approved by the risk department.
• There may be an opportunity to take part in special projects, for those interested in personal / professional development opportunities.
• Accomplish all responsibilities in line with GE's compliance and integrity requirements.
• Business School Degree or qualification or some years directly related experience to either cash collection or customer service, ideally in a multinational environment or equivalent knowledge & experience
• Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
• Microsoft Office proficiency, especially Excel.
• Demonstrated effective cash collection skills, with detail orientation.
• Proven financial analysis skills
• Fluent English, French and Arabic
• Ability to be pro-active and to think “outside the box”.
• Excellent proven interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of resourceful problem solving, while remaining customer-focused.
• Cultural awareness in an diverse and international environment.
• Thirst for learning.
• You MUST submit resume through COS (GE employees) or www.gecareers.com (external job seekers) to be considered for this job opening.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Solid knowledge and experience of Letters of Credit & Export Payment Terms is a plus. Locations:
• Factoring, Trade Finance knowledge and experience a plus.
• Multilingual a must.
United Kingdom; Sale