MR Advanced Applications Specialist
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 7/26/2017 5:44:35 PM
- Job Function: Sales
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): South Africa; Johannesburg
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Regional Advanced Applications Specialist/Clinical Leader in MR is the clinical expert in the region and is responsible to provide clinical and technical leadership working closely with Sales, Marketing and Applications teams to enable the sales team to articulate clear clinical value propositions, clinical evidence generation and competitive edge for Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) product lines.
• Help define clinical value propositions, clinical evidence generation and competitive edge for all new products in close relation with Modality Marketing & Product Managers. Work on Clinical Claims, “Clinical” Competitive analysis, customer testimonials to increase Sales & Share
• Develop and deliver a comprehensive Show Site & KOL strategy in his/her region in line with Modality Marketing Growth Plans (Collaboration, Clinical Studies, testimonials)
• Lead and manage clinical and application training plan on Products for Clinical Application Specialists, Modality Sales Specialists and Account Managers in close relationship with Imaging and Modality Managers in region.
• Participate to the development and delivery of online content for customers (advanced Webinars) and help prioritizing content development in his/her modality
• Support sales activities in region when needed (congress, demo/visit, advanced application visit for KOL, etc.)
• Support equipment transfer and CSO closure when his/her advanced Clinical Applications Knowledge is essential to close customer satisfaction issues.
• Contribute to the definition, design and refinement of products and services to address customer needs at best; provide insight and input into the clinical strategies for each opportunity engaged
• Collect, analyze and communicate competitive information; ensures that the strategy is implemented in the region. As an expert, provide Marketing and Product strategy inputs on Market positioning, care areas and improving GE Healthcare solutions
• Establish and maintain advanced applications collaborations with key opinion leaders and research users to build a network of high profile customers and reference sites; reinforce credibility as an expert and create strong relationships with key decision makers at prospect sites
• Support the development, maintenance, optimization and implementation of working routines/standards for clinical procedures (protocols)
• Participate in scientific congresses and customer seminars: plan marketing messages, publish/present collaborative results, present GE vision on specific clinical areas, understand and report back scientific trends
• Help develop marketing material (digital and printed collaterals) to communicate and promote value props and clinical value of GE products and services.
• Develop clinical competition intelligence to support the field with counter arguments and selling advantages. As an expert, accompanies prospects on site visits to existing customer sites to help prospects understand the benefits and use of GE Healthcare solutions at that customer site, develop personalised presentation based on customer knowledge gained on the customer
• Train Clinical Specialists on NPI and Clinical Marketing Messages to ensure high quality training at customer site
• Participate in Medical Advisory Boards and Focus Groups to collect, define, prioritize and validate market needs to feed application roadmaps
• Participate to the development of online Material for advanced applications and deliver Webinars
Strong medical and technical background: 5 to 10 years’ experience in Healthcare environment. Ideally Medical Doctor (MD), or licensed clinical practitioner or Radiographer
Experience in communicating scientific data with rigor and clarity (talks, papers, etc.)
High level of interpersonal, communication, negotiation & selling skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations
Experience in Radiology
Software & Workstation skills
Willingness to travel within territory and to sales meetings and tradeshows
Fluent in English and local language
• Fluent in English and French
• Passion and vision for improving clinical outcomes
• Clinical experience
• Hands-on experience with healthcare software products, especially MRI
• Ability to effectively troubleshoot problems, think on your feet, and improvise solutions under time constraints
• Proficiency in use of PC hardware/software and audio-visual equipment
• Marketing skills
Locations: South Africa; Johannesburg