GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Managing the Accounts Payable operations of all legal entities.Please not that there is no open position yet but we may/will offer it in the future. Currently we are gathering potential candidates who would be interested in this role. Essential Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of direct reports +- 8 employees
- Coaching and mentoring of direct reports
- Working horizontally with all Finance functions across the different areas and business
- Spend reporting of BBBEE
- Ensuing compliance regarding PO/Sourcing Policies
- Overseeing exceptional approval entries on non-compliant purchases with Sourcing and Compliance review board with frequent review sessions with business of deviations on policies
- Working with Legal/GE Commodity leaders to implement MSA where required
- Relationship management with GE Buyers to ensure onboarding and compliance of suppliers
- Reviewing current
operations and implementing simplification projects where required.
- Managing process
change implementations to align to Global GE strategic delivery models.
- Metrics reporting
and quarterly review sessions with business and leadership.
- Reviewing current operations and implementing simplification projects where required
- Managing process change implementations to align to Global GE strategic delivery models
- Metrics reporting and quarterly review sessions with business and leadership
- Performance management reviews and IDP plans for AP members
- B2P monthly closing operations such as closing SL modules
- Audit support
- GRNI accruals
- Intercompany responsibilities
- Journals of reclassification of undistributed costs such as vehicles/fleet/mobiles
- Bank reconciliation support to ensure clearing of B2P owner activities by the teams
- Supplier monthly reconciliation to statement reviews with team and business to drive open item closure
- Supplier escalation management
- Monitoring of the clearing of down payments/prepayments to suppliers
- Supplier education and engagement sessions
- Business relationship management
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- SAP/Powermax Experience
- Minimum 5 years AP/Source to Pay experience
- Shared Services experience.
- Change management experience.
- Process simplification experience.
- Process migration experience is
- Must have managed a team of direct reports
- Good communication skills
- Easily adaptable to change
- Effective solution driver
- Positive attitude with the ability to motivate and influence others
- Good presentation skills to lead meetings and present with impact and clarity
- Team player
- Excellent analytical skills.
South Africa; Johannesburg