As a leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of electronically controlled, all-composite propeller systems, Dowty Propellers provides solutions for propulsion needs of today and tomorrow.
Its products are used in applications that range from commercial airliners and military airlifters to multi-role seaplanes and marine hovercraft.
With a proven record of product development, introduction and support, Dowty Propellers continually invests in technologies, production capabilities and human resources. This results in propeller systems that are safe, efficient and reliable.
Its history of firsts-to-market include the all-composite propeller blade and first full-authority digital propeller control. More than 23,000 advanced composite blades have been delivered to date by Dowty Propellers, with the lead propellers logging some 48,000 hours of flight time.
Dowty Propellers’ products are backed by a worldwide customer and product support network that includes locations in Europe, North America and Australia, as well as a growing team of field service engineers that are deployed globally to customer locations and operating bases. Role Summary:
This position will provide technical support to the production environment for both OE and R&O business units of Dowty Propellers. He/She will also support the program value streams for the purpose of development of prototypes, processes, and/or material data base qualifications. In addition, this person will provide engineering expertise to building complex composite components to meet quality, performance, schedule, and cost goals. Essential Responsibilities:
Continuation of Role Summary/Purpose:
This person will also be responsible to resolve issue of difficult scope including scale up of materials and processes in a Manufacturing Technology environment and supporting continuous process improvement through Production implementation of the new technologies.
• Monitor composite manufacturing process metrics including yields and processing times.
• Manage multiple projects by providing scheduling, resource management, budget control and EHS compliance
• Support the operations of the manufacturing process to maintain production output.
• Design necessary fixtures and tooling for manufacturing of NPI’s and for process improvements
• Participate in LEAN initiative, and engage Six Sigma tools for process improvements.
• Compile data and publish technical reports as necessary for new and existing processes in the department.
• Investigate and perform feasibility studies for new processes or techniques to reduce cost and improve quality.
• Demonstrate the ability to manage Medium and large-sized projects through implementation, including the direction of other technicians and operators.
• Maintain responsibility and accountability for all elements of a project/task.
• Determine critical path for projects and focus resources to ensure delivery on-time and on budget.
• Communicate project progress and problems clearly and concisely to all involved personnel including management teams.
• Proactively identify potential problem areas through regular process monitoring using statistical techniques.
• Create new drawings and specifications, and train others upon release.
• Operate as a self-directed team member with minimal supervision. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering degree or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Or HNC with proven experience as Process/Manufacturing Engineer within a composites environment
• Masters of Science in similar field is desired or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Proven experience within a manufacturing Engineering role
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills. Locations:
United Kingdom; Mitcheldean and Gloucester