GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The primary role of the Senior Data Analytics Engineer is to lead design, development, testing and calibration activities for industrial internet software applications within the SPS Digital portfolio, including asset integrity and flow assurance applications. You will work with customers to understand product needs, and with engineers, data scientists and developers to create technical specifications and production analytics to be integrated into products O&G Digital Solutions Portfolio.
As Senior Data Analytics Engineer, you will:
- Work as part of an Agile development team of engineers
- Lead analytics framework development, working closely with analytics researchers, data scientists, mechanical, electrical, petroleum and chemical engineers
- Work with Product Managers and technical staff in customer engagements to understand user needs and define requirements for the analytics development and productization
- Create System Functional Design Specifications & manage all system interfaces.
- Lead project specific algorithm development
- Support development and calibration activities for all SPS Digital analytics applications
- Participate in R&D activities to support detail design activities as required by product specialists. Also, participate in Technical Investigations and Studies
- Assist in the preparation of Procedural Instructions and Design Practices
- Liaise Technically with other departments, including Global research centres and other GE Digital analytics groups
- Support operations throughout the life of the project and when the system is in service
- Degree qualified in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Proven experience on modelling dynamic physical systems: mechanical, hydraulic, thermodynamic, electrical, etc.
- Competent in engineering mathematics with expertise in numerical methods, mathematical modelling and software development lifecycle
- Good understanding of production engineering concepts (in particular: flow assurance, fluid dynamics, phase equilibrium)
- Strong background in closed loop control theory and expertise in object oriented software design
- Experience coding in one or more languages including Python, Matlab, Fortran, and C#. Experience in.NET would be beneficial
- Good knowledge of subsea controls & instrumentation systems
- Good understanding of optimisation theory for non-linear systems and optimisation filters
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Subsea Oil & Gas experience would be beneficial
- Be able to influence from both a strategic and technical standpoint across the function and business. Ability to influence at the peer and senior leadership level is critical
- Knowledge of engineering analysis methods, mechanical & electrical systems, software systems, and advanced analytics methods (machine learning, advanced statistics, optimization, estimation, etc.)
- Experience incorporating engineering analytics or advanced data-driven analytics into software solutions
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Strong organization skills
- Strong customer mindset
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and cope under pressure
- Exceptional written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
United Kingdom; Nailsea