GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Work as part of the algorithms and software development team to deliver pipeline inspection data processing, analysis and reporting solutions. The application team covers a number of areas including algorithms, signal processing, data visualisation and enterprise application development. The focus of development is currently in transition to encompass contemporary developments in Cloud Computing and Big Data
- Requirement gathering from internal users and other stakeholders
- Design, development and on-time delivery of new functionality for the analysis and reporting of pipeline inspection data
- Working to ISO9001:2008 and GE quality procedures.
- Deliver technical support including software updates and maintenance to multi-discipline teams across GE PII’s worldwide operational bases
- Contributing to continuous improvement and quality initiatives
- A B.Sc. or equivalent, in Mathematics, Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Programming experience: Java essential, with experience in enterprise application development an advantage. Knowledge/experience in other languages specifically C++ is desirable.
- Experience and understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) and use of design patterns
- Strong engineering or mathematics background (desirable)
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised and as part of a team
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Experience of working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience of working in heterogeneous computing environment particularly across Windows and Unix/Linux variants
- Software design using Unified Modeling Language (UML)
- Exposure to or experience of Cloud Computing, Web based development and/or Big Data technology
- Oil & Gas industry experience
United Kingdom; Cramlington