GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Develop and maintain systems, rules, and processes to ensure fulfillment of internal and external requirements. Ensures that projects and products are capable and will meet specified standards (Preventive). Positions requiring understanding of a concepts, methods and procedures (technical Bachelor’s Degree).
Engineering Procure Construct tendering and project execution phases. Verify contractual and regulatory requirements are fulfilled and have maximized customer satisfaction and profitability. Establish and execute project quality plan, witness-points, quality records for compliance with contract. Ensure customer quality requirement, Feedback of Experience (FOE)/Lessons Learned are taken into account in the tender proposal to avoid deviation and to continually improve execution processes. Executes routine analyses using vested methods and technologies and/or contributes to technological developments in teams under supervision. Works together with people from the business unit. Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards collecting or giving technical information. Works within a team setting and / or under guidance. Alternatively: executing routine but complex analysis.
To ensure the QEHS policy & procedures are implemented and maintained to demonstrate confidence that the design and manufacture of our power transformers is not only controlled but also satisfies the customer requirements.
• Maintaining, developing and improving the QEHS Management System inline with BS EN ISO 9001 Qualifications/Requirements:
• Supporting the delivery of the internal and external supplier audit program
• Carrying out Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety internal audits
• Work closely with other departments to implement and maintain effective processes and procedures to ensure high product quality and reliability.
• Ensure effective use of data and various problem solving methods to resolve quality complaints
• Make recommendations to integrate best practices and lessons learned from analysis of QEHS statistics.
• Participate in, and support company continuous improvement activities
• Ensuring Quality Assurance departmental objectives are achieved;
• Prepare and maintain project quality plans
• Proactively participate in Design & Project reviews to ensure product risk is minimized
• Support the Quality control inspection activities
• Any other reasonable duties within individual’s capabilities
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven years of experience in Quality).
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Locations:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Knowledge of the 8d process.
United Kingdom; Stafford