- GE Power
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:50:13 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Power Digital
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Reporting to the China Region Director of Delivery and Services, the Delivery Architect will lead multiple initiatives and assignments with broad scope and high impact to the Power Digital Solutions business and our customers. This individual will be part of an entrepreneurial team that is focused on defining and delivering commercial software and analytics products and services for power generating customers, as part of GE's industrial internet initiatives.
• Develop customer IT architecture in Power Generation industry that can be implemented by product/solution delivery team, including linkages between various systems like SCADA, Historians, DCS etc.- including other GE product/solution offerings
• Coordinate and develop systems integration designs, including high-level and detailed system, application and technology diagrams. Define network architecture and integration directly with customer and convert their needs to solutions
• Author and deliver network designs, statements of work (SOWs) and technical project plans incorporating service and program management activities to support presales to post-sales transition, solutions implementation and services cycle
• Align technology solutions with the technical architecture, operational processes and lifecycle processes
• Evolve with global and regional product roadmap, Ensure solution fit with the current and planned enterprise architecture and standards
• Create solution architecture documentation throughout the project lifecycle of the solutions
• Ensure that the solution infrastructure is supportable and can be transitioned smoothly into production support and services organizations
• Maintain effective working relationship with external customers, Internal stakeholders, users, vendors and partners to integrate solution into overall strategic objectives
• Partner with shared technical and business resources (M&D, SS, SW Lab, IT etc.) to effectively deliver and support solutions
• Work as a business partner with customers to evaluate / improve business processes and arrive at mutual, cost effective solutions for business process efficiency and productivity
• Connect with customer and providers IT teams for coordination
• Lead all technical IT and OT connection discussions. Steer global cross-function team towards strategized decision point, and define solutions structure and connectivity.
• Responsible for system communications definition.
• Support Project Manager on project delivery including finding innovative solutions to reduce installation costs
• Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Control Engineering from an accredited College or University
• 5+ years in a customer / client facing technical role (Pre / Post Sales, Sales Engineering, Consulting, Solutions Architecture, Service Delivery, etc.)
• 5+ years of experience working with infrastructure (networks, servers, security, databases)
• 5+ years demonstrated experience leading large and complex professional teams
• Field Engineering with experience managing customer IT/OT/Controls/SIS product deployment
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal). Capable of present, and discuss technical facts, obstacles, proposal to broad group of cross-functional teams in global setting, and reach timely technical decisions to de-blocking the delivery tasks.
• Experience on software implementation projects is mandatory
• Experience on Power Generation projects is a plus
• Experience in DCS Integration and other automation technology is a plus
• Self-Motivated and result driven with positive, can-do attitude. Ownership and willingness to do what it takes to reach business expectation.
• Work well in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, influence, and successfully deliver results on project execution.
• Works well under pressure in a matrix environment
• Experience with plant operations and management systems, trading & risk management systems or energy market systems
• Outstanding leadership skills in matrix program management setting
• Passionate about driving change / influence across cross functions, organizations and enterprises
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Strong communication with ability to explain complex technical challenges in a simple manner
• Abilibty to travel per business need. Up to 30%
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai