GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. Role Summary:
Execute final HW tests and support Verification and Integration Engineers/Project Engineers technical activities before and during customer witnessed tests of industrial control and diagnostic systems by using appropriate documentation, schematics, work instructions, test procedures, specifications and customer special instructions. Support production plan and global project requirements. Essential Responsibilities:
test cabinets to meet customer and quality requirements.
- Participation in Factory Acceptance Test and configuration of industrial panels for customers.
- Support ISO, CE and other regulatory activities.
- Cooperate and communicate well with all levels of the organization.
- Follow general policies and procedures inducing safety rules.
- Read and understand electrical and mechanical drawing, manuals, documentations, testing procedures, work and quality instructions in English.
- Convert measurements between metric and English units (using formula, tables. or charts as necessary
- Use electrical devices such as multimeters. power supply, function generator, oscilloscope, frequency meter, rotor kit simulator, advance dry rigs, test servers etc.
- Usage of special panel software, Microsoft Windows, Office, test applications, ERP systems.
- Perform further tasks not involved in this Job Description, that the direct leader/manager defines in verbal or written form.
- Using best practices to test cabinets
- High school degree in electrical field as a technician;
- Significant experience as an electrician;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural team within a matrix organization;
- Extremely motivated and determined;
- Team player attitude
- Computer user skills (MS Office tools).
Expected skills: Desired Characteristics:
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Organization and planning skills;
- Intermediate level of English;
- Familiarity with SAP and/or Oracle is a plus;
- 6 Sigma/Lean knowledge.
- Experience with Control systems and/or PLCs is an advantage;
- Experience with visual basic scripts