Senior Systems Specialist
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:32:24 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Life Care Solutions
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role will be responsible for specifying designing and building a set of features, or whole feature area owning the software development end-2-end. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business. She/he will Lead design discussion and realization through the SDLC working closely with the systems engineering team, program management and cross-functional stakeholders.
In this role, you will:
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Identify the scope of the work, provide initial estimate and justify the estimate with facts
• Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Work closely with your peers and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Maintain code quality through best practices, unit testing and code quality automation
• Drive execution of vendor engagements for outsourced design, development and verification work.
• Seek and provide feedback on design and development
• Demonstrate the ability to make informed technology choices after due diligence and impact assessment
• Understand whole product, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
• Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
• Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes / methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
• Help define his or her own role in the delivery of the product/service design
• Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
• Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Drive design reviews, define interfaces between code modules, and applies existing technology to designs
• Be an expert in assessing application performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices
• Be an expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in embedded Software / Firmware development in progressively complex technical roles.
• Demonstrated expertise in SW Design and development for embedded systems with RTOS
Desired Characteristics: -
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and C/C++ coding principles
• Hands-on experience in building and troubleshooting complex embedded SW Systems. Exposure to formal troubleshooting techniques.
• Expertise/ Experience in outsourcing SW development & integration and managing vendor teams to deliver quality work.
• Experience in Healthcare domain, Medical Devices SW development is a big plus.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work.
Locations: India; Bangalore