GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future. GE Oil & Gas is a fullstream company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Our GE Apprenticeship Programme is for 4 years and commences on the 14th August 2017. Year one is spent offsite at the Angus Training Group, Arbroath learning the basics of Engineering and studying for an SVQ in Engineering Operations along with an NC/HNC at Arbroath College. Year’s two to four are based in our GE Oil and Gas workshops or offices in Brent Avenue, Montrose.
• You will receive training to become a qualified Engineer in your designated field and learn the skills and competencies to complete a Modern Apprenticeship SVQ Level 2.
• GE Oil and Gas has a long established working relationship with the Angus Training Group. We have successfully trained many apprentices during our 30 year relationship. Many of whom have gone on to progress into leadership roles in the Oil and Gas industry.
• GE has explicit terms for all employees which requires them to work as a team to accomplish the common goal of a safe, healthy and environmentally compliant workplace. Quality compliance and improvement is the also a key responsibility of all employees regardless of their role.
• Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Posting will close for applications on the 8/5/17
Please ensure that along with submitting your application through the GE Careers website that you also submit an application to the Angus Training Group.
• Applicants for our Craft Apprenticeship should have attained or expect to attain good grades in English, Mathematics or Physics
• Further qualifications in technical studies and sciences would be advantageous
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
Locations: United Kingdom; Montrose