GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE’s Power Conversion business applies the science and systems of power conversion to help drive the electrification of the world’s energy infrastructure by designing and delivering advanced motor, drive and control technologies that evolve today’s industrial processes for a cleaner, more productive future. Serving specialized sectors such as energy, marine, oil and gas, renewables and industry, through customized solutions and advanced technologies, GE Power Conversion partners with customers to maximize efficiency. To learn more, please visit: www.gepowerconversion.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
The TRS Certification Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating all regulation mandatory certification for Generators that we supply into the Marine and Power industries. The role will be engaged at ITO Stage to ensure that product designs meet the requirements of the regulatory bodies and will work directly with the regulatory bodies to obtain final build certification before product shipment.
Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits Package will come with the role.
ITO process (TCP creation) and NPI process (PBCS creation) Qualifications/Requirements:
• Flow down of TRS requirements along the OTR process in order to anticipate any stop the line
• TR&S tracking of most critical projects and opportunities in order to mitigate risks in term of non-compliance, loss of GE brand image, margin erosion and project slippage.
• Environmental regulation compliance process (REACH, RoHS, Green passport (IHM), Conflict Mineral rules…)
• TRS capabilities of suppliers.
• Provide support on standards and regulations for all countries/regions in the world, analyze them in regards to the scope of supply.
• Plan, Propose and/or lead TRS training programs for all Platforms/Segments/functions of his/her perimeter
• Provide a support to establish declarations of conformity or similar regulatory documents with appropriate signatories.
• Track and manage the relationship with 3rd parties and certification bodies
• Check the completeness of technical files which provide evidence to compliance
• Organize TR&S audits and perform audits outside of his/her perimeter on request when appropriate
• Facilitate and follow up the closing of audit findings contributing to the compliance to the 7.0.1 Procedure.
• Drive resolution of open issues of his/her perimeter and escalate when appropriate
• Establish local TRS contributors community to achieve and maintain compliance, including all function resources in his/her site/country (Local PCMT)
• Network with TRS leaders throughout Power Conversion
• Participate to the monthly global TRS meeting
• Participate to the global PCMTs as member
• Lead global actions or projects on request of global TR&S
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Technical skills relevant for GE Power Conversion, Rotating Machine’s area
• Exposure or experience with TRS Compliance and quality program management or openness to legal topics.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Oral and written communication skills/ Leadership skills Locations:
• Ability to cope with multiple complex situations daily
• Project management skill is an added value.
United Kingdom; Rugby