Coatings Primary Laboratory Technician
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:32:54 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Engineering
Location(s): Turkey; Gebze
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Coatings Primary Laboratory Technician will work with Materials & Coatings group and at Coatings Primary Laboratory.
• Be responsible for conducting metallographic and mechanical testing of thermal spray (mainly) and diffusion coatings within specified turn around times.
• Interpret, validate results / data; and compile technical reports.
• Support the Coating Primary Lab projects beyond set goals, work plans and labor hours.
• Support Quality & EHS Departments in regards to the Coating Primary Laboratory related issues.
• Support documentation of internal working instructions, procedures for the routine operation of the laboratory.
• Provide regular feedback to leadership team.
• Located at GE Marmara Technology Center, Gebze – Kocaeli , TURKEY.
• Minimum High School Degree
• Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in metallographic sample preparation and/or mechanical testing (metallography, tensile bond strength, microhardness, macrohardness, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Experienced in preparing technical / test reports.
• Commitment to customer service.
• Proficient in use of basic Microsoft office tools; such as Word and Excel.
• Written and oral communication skills in English.
• Experience on testing of thermal spray coatings in aviation industry.
• Familiarity with different thermal spray coatings application areas (Wear coatings, thermal barrier coatings, abrasive coatings, etc.).
• GE Aviation Central Coating Laboratory certified.
• Familiarity with shop operations and quality systems.
• Effective interpersonal skills, which enable learning approach to problem resolution.
Locations: Turkey; Gebze