Special Processes Engineer – Chemical Processes
- GE Aviation
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:32:55 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Aviation Engineering
Location(s): Turkey; Gebze
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The “Special Processes Engineer – Chemical Processes” will be responsible to provide technical support to GE Aviation/Customer Repair Shops and GE Aviation Engineering Resources on Repair/Overhaul Process Manuals for GE Commercial Aircraft Engines.
• Provide technical recommendation/response to customer inquiries for standard repair/ overhaul practices and consumables used in Repair/ Overhaul operation in Customer Site’s.
• Evaluate deviation requests from certified Repair Special Processes Manual’s, prepare engineering substantiation for deviation for the use of Aviation Repair/ Overhaul internal/external customers.
• Work with Aviation - Repair Special Processes Team and GE Aviation Engineering resources to substantiate/ revise GE Commercial Repair/Overhaul Standard Practices Manual (SPM) in terms of special processes and consumables.
• Support on-going coating, cleaning and stripping development/improvement projects for GE Aviation commercial aircraft engine and aero-derivative gas turbine components, through utilizing TTC laboratories.
• BSc or MSc degree in Chemical Engineering or Materials Engineering or related discipline.
• Strong engineering background.
• Working knowledge with Quality Systems and/or Industry Specifications/ Standards. Familiarity with document hierarchy.
• Fluent in English (both verbal & written, proven track of business conduct in a foreign language environment is a bonus).
• Ability to multi-task effectively in a result oriented, risk managing approach.
• Proven self-starter and quick learner who can work with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
• 1-3 years of experience in gas turbine repair and/or manufacturing disciplines, engineering and/or hands-on experience in special processes used in engine repair/ overhaul.
• Past working experience with special processes used in aerospace part manufacturing/ repair.
• Experienced in project management, including project identification, scoping, definition, planning, execution, and support.
• Ability to work remotely with diverse global teams.
• Anticipate customer needs and ensures that they are met.
• Measure processes and performance through the customer's eyes.
Locations: Turkey; Gebze