GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Oil & Gas fuels the future. We push the boundaries of technology to bring energy to the world. We are inventing the next industrial era in the oil and gas sector. In our labs and factories, and in the field, we constantly push the boundaries of technology to solve today’s toughest operational & commercial challenges. We have the skills, knowledge and technical expertise to bring together the physical and digital worlds to fuel the future.
GE Oil & Gas is a “fullstream” company, working from exploration and production to downstream. A $19 billion leader designed for a world of complex resources. The deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more GE Oil & Gas can help.
Through project management expertise and technology innovation, we work to help lower costs, make things faster, simpler and more productive for our customers.
In today’s era of complex resources, the deeper, the hotter, the more remote, the more logistically difficult or environmentally sensitive the challenge – the more we can help. The GE scale helps us bring new solutions to market quicker to help our customers adapt to the industry’s changing environment.
We go where you go and operate side-by-side in 120 countries. The closer we are to our customers, the quicker we can anticipate and solve their challenges.
We’re at work today, to ensure the next generation is equipped and empowered to go further and deeper, helping to fuel the future.
Follow GE Oil & Gas on Twitter @GE_OilandGas.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Seeking an effective Technical Electronic Lead Engineer to take ownership of products and tasks within complex Oil & Gas Subsea Control Systems.
The Lead Electronic Engineer is characterised by strong product knowledge, self-motivation, leadership traits and a continuous improvement mind-set.
The candidate would be expected to engage in all Electronic aspects of the Topsides, Subsea and Test Equipment Engineering and have proven design experience of high reliability, low volume and custom design equipment.
Specific Subsea and or Offshore design experience is preferred.
- Interpretation and communication of industry and international codes and standards.
- Interpretation and implementation of client standards and global practices.
- Ensuring and verify technical compliance of products with specification, codes, standards, legislation and client technical requirements.
- Engagement with all relevant stakeholders (internal and external) developing and maintaining effective relationships/partnerships in order to meet program schedule.
- Generation and / or review of technical procurement specifications, parts and document suites.
- Product and task ownership including the generation of robust design files to demonstrate due diligence.
- Ensuring that product design conforms with field proven or qualified technologies.
- Promoting Compliance, Quality & EHS integrity through developing succinct procedures, work instructions, product and process related documentation and creatively promote their use.
- Professional representation of GE in client and vendor focused design review.
- Technically drive contribution to vendor selection processes.
- Continuously contribute to department and site goals and objectives.
- Act as a change agent in the business with energy, passion & enthusiasm to support business activities and alignment of processes to meet business needs.
- Takes responsibility in working across global SPS Engineering Teams to deliver solutions to assigned work packages.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work to agreed schedules and be ‘commercially aware' in engineering solutions.
- Implement initiatives and best practices to continuously improve the Inquiry to Order (ITO) & Order to Remittance (OTR) responsiveness of the organization to customer and business needs.
- Working closely with the New Product Initiative (NPI) team to support the delivery of NPI programs and assisting in defining the technology gaps to drive future NPI alignment.
- Management and review of outsourced (internal or external) work packages and removal of barriers to achieve success.
- Responsible for demonstrating adherence to schedule and budget commitments for assigned packages of work.
- HND or Degree in Engineering OR International equivalent and work experience on closely related equipment.
- Knowledge of PCB design and schematic capture.
- Proven experience in process verification and validation methodologies in relevant / similar environments.
- Demonstrated understanding of product development lifecycles, design and document change control.
- Self-motivated and able to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Ability and willingness to work in range of environments to include but not limited to industrial facilities, manufacturing facilities, and power industry facilities.
- Proven ability to achieve business’ targets.
- Strong technical problem solving and report out.
- Resilient & persistent under all circumstances.
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working.
- Experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Production Control Systems.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- Experience of working in a global team.
- Electronic simulation and analysis.
- Computer base knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/CAD).
- Attention to detail.
- Possess excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Display confidence in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Outstanding creativity and ability to communicate ideas.
- Customer Focus.
United Kingdom; Nailsea