Field Services Engineer for Drive
- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 7/26/2017 4:40:11 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Power Conversion
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
For GE Drive systems:
* Provide technical direction of Drive equipment (Prowind, MV6000, MV7000, SD7000) erection.
* Provide Commissioning service of Drive equipment (Prowind, MV6000, MV7000, SD7000) at customer site.
* Provide Trouble shooting for Drive equipment (Provind, MV6000, MV7000, SD7000) erection.
* Provide maintenance for all install base drive equipment (Provind, MV6000, MV7000, SD7000).
* Provide technical consulting for customer when the job need.
* Provide technical support for service sales.
* Provide instruction and guidance via training courses to customers' personnel.
* Provide Training for team member.
* Supervise and execute work in an organized, safe and effective way, to ensure work is delivered according to GE quotation and meets with customer's expectations.
* Prepare and verify reports and deliver to customer.
* Perform administrative functions, such as: writing technical reports, filing/archiving data and documents.
* Coach other GE personnel to impart and perpetuate knowledge and expertise to develop technical and managerial skills and techniques.
* Plan and prepare work to be executed in the field.
* Perform site surveys.
* Qualified in making a work site safe to operate for him/her and all other members of the site team.
* Bachelor degree, major in engineering or electrical field, or Technologist for drive with equivalent years of experience will be considered.
* >5 years’ experience at Field Service for drive systems.
* Familiar in the use of test equipment and testing procedures for drive systems, including Megger, Resistance, Oscilloscope/Scope meter.
* Knowledge in any or all of transformers, switchgear, protection relays, control systems and related electrical/mechanical equipment is an asset.
* Computer literate.
* Fluency Spoken English and writing report/email in English.
* Outgoing self-starter with the initiative and drive to make things happen quickly.
* Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision and in a team.
* Extensive travel is required.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai