GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
Grid Solutions equips 90% of power utilities worldwide to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. With over 200 years combined experience in providing advanced energy solutions, our products and services enable more resilient, efficient and reliable power systems. For more information, visit www.GEGridSolutions.com
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
In the heart of Staffordshire, within the HVDC Center of Excellence, a position has become available for an FPGA Verification Engineer. You will be responsible for developing test environments to support an assertion-based, coverage-driven and constrained random verification methodology. You will be verifying RTL designs targeting the latest state-of-the-art FPGA devices.
You will be responsible for: Qualifications/Requirements:
• Study requirement specifications to understand verification requirements
• Creating verification plans and reviewing these with designers
• Development of verification matrices to ensure coverage of requirements
• Writing the tests outlined in test plan
• Developing and applying assertions within an assertion-based verification strategy
• Developing functional coverage (covergroups, cover points) to measure test effectiveness
• Developing random constraints to guide constrained random simulations
• Reporting RTL bugs and supporting designers to resolve bugs
• Some industry experience in a design verification role
• Professional use of Verilog is essential
• Proficient in the use of SystemVerilog for verification
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Modelsim/Questa
• Good verbal and written communication skills
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/61212/hmg-personnel-security-controls.pdf Desired Characteristics:
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Locations:
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Experience with UVM/VMM/OVM
• Scripting experience using Perl, Python
• Version control, e.g. Subversion
• Bug tracking tools, e.g. JIRA
United Kingdom; Stafford