Principal Analytics Engineer - Estimation and Prognostics
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:34:22 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
At GE Oil & Gas Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It’s about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it’s about the future of industry—energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It’s about making the world work better. Stay connected with us. Join our Talent Community!
• GE - APM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?
• GE - Digital: https://www.youtube.com/user/industrialinternet
• GE is an equal opportunity Employer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Co0qkWRqTdM
As a Principal Engineer, this role will focus on delivering impact & innovative analytics products for GE O&G Digital. You will be responsible for championing analytic capabilities for O&G process industries, develop new analytics for driving growth in asset & lead engagements with external/internal customers. You will work closely with Product Management & Strategy teams to arrive at the overall strategy & delivery plans of various features in the Asset Performance Management suite of products
As Principal Analytics Engineer, you will:
• Drive strategy for enterprise-grade analytics capability development for Oil & Gas industry
• Champion technical analytic solutions across the Oil & Gas industry and develop specifications and standards
• Manage strategic innovation that ties business and product strategy.
• Accountable for IP portfolio management and stewardship in alignment to data science and analytic strategy and vision
• Perform as a champion within the organization, possessing strong cross-functional collaboration and influencing skills
• Accountable for delivering new, commercially re-usable physics based analytics to drive growth in asset, application and industry coverage
• Engage key technical & subject matter experts across the business for knowledge capture into the solution.
• Provide core product requirements to Product Management, Software Engineering & UX Design.
• Be able to influence from a technical standpoint across the function and business and shape the digital product landscape. Ability to influence at the senior leadership level is key.
• Optimize and define new processes and tools, to enable large scale enterprise-grade software development.
• Mentor other engineers in analytics, modeling and product development.
• Master in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or related Engineering field
• Minimum work experience of 20 years
• High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Ability to translate business needs to technical requirements, propose, guide development and validate solutions.
• Able to communicate technical details with clarity to various stakeholders
• Legal authorization to work in India. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
• Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
• Must be willing to travel
• Must be willing to work out of an office located in Bangalore, India
• PhD in Mechanical, Aerospace, Electrical or related Engineering field
• Knowledge of Oil & Gas industry and separation processes
• Demonstrates expertise in problem solving and technical innovation.
• Demonstrates capability of 'rolling up sleeves and getting hands dirty'.
• Works well in fast paced growing environment.
• Solid understanding and expertise in developing physics/chemical/process based prognostics models for O&G industries
• Effective teaming, collaboration and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Able to interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers
• Knowledge of GE industrial products, experience in delivering end to end solutions
• Strong working knowledge of other related disciplines of engineering common to O&G industry
• Excellent influential, communication skills and business acumen to function as an arbitrator and advocate for technical issues.
• Hands on experience in developing optimization, diagnostic and prognostic solutions for industrial systems, for example but not limited to gas turbines, compressors, combustors and aircraft engines
• Hands on experience in simulation techniques, Dynamic modeling, Vibration modelling, Fault modeling and first principle modeling for industrial equipment/systems
• Expertise in data driven modeling, system identification and estimation methods
• Proficient in MATLAB, Python and system modeling tools
• Experience in project management including resourcing, program planning, execution and financial management
• Exposure to Agile management practices and experience in working with software teams
• Competency in cross-disciplinary engineering fields, especially Mechanical Electrical, Instrumentation, Environmental, and Safety Engineering
• Strong business analysis and problem solving skills
• Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective analytic solutions
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
• Strong oral and written communication skills including executive level presentation skills
• Leverages a wide external network to stay ahead in domain
• Leads strategic brainstorming sessions with her or his team on a regular basis
• Derive scientific and business frontiers in product development for O&G industries
• Effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks. Strives to find clarity in demanding and ambiguous situations
• Systematically measures VOC and addresses critical gaps
How to Apply
To be considered for a future position, please submit your resume/CV via the GE Careers website http://www.gesoftware.com/careers/
Equal Employment Opportunity
GE Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
Locations: India; Bangalore