Supplier Quality Team Leader
- GE Power
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:35:22 PM
- Job Function: Sourcing
- Business Segment: Power Water & Process Technologies
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
•Lead a regional team of 6 Supplier Quality Engineers (SQE), focusing on supplier qualification, non-conformance management, supplier surveillance and quality initiatives
• Support quality-driven supplier selection, development, and monitoring and overall supplier management in accordance with the broader GE Water & Distributed Power sourcing strategy
• Manage SQE resources to provide technical guidance to the Chinese supplier base and ensure product and process compliance with engineering drawings and specifications
• Drive continuous improvement of suppliers’ quality, cycle and delivery performance
• Monitor supplier non-conformance performance, drive root-cause analyses, corrective actions and process improvements to reduce the Number of Defects and Cost of Quality
• Work effectively with quality, commercial, engineering and manufacturing teams to eliminate any barriers that may affect the quality and delivery of sourced components
• Support sourcing quality initiatives and metrics
• Set team objectives and goals that are aligned with those of the business
• Establish a structured approach to improve quality assurance and drive consistency and adherence to quality procedures
• Manage and execute the supplier qualification process, partner with cross-functional stakeholders to accelerate qualification cycle time
• Manage effectively the travelling budget of the team: balance supplier surveillance audits and technical inspections to mitigate quality risks with supplier development activities to accelerate qualification projects
• Strong participation in annual operations planning
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in Global Supply Chain Management with emphasis on Sourcing, Manufacturing or Quality.
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills (>5years people management).
• Ability to work in cross-functional and global team environments.
• Process analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills.
• Highly motivated.
• Fluent in English & Mandarin.
• Proven project management skills with ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver results on time and on budget.
• Related Power Generation and/or manufacturing experience.
• Six Sigma trained and certified (GE employees only).
• Demonstrated technical aptitude in electrical engineering and a passion for quality.
• GE program graduate is preferred (GE employees only).
• Ability to travel 50% of the time
• Work location: China
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai