- GE Global Growth Organization
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:35:27 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Global Growth Organization India
Location(s): India; Pune
GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
As part of the GE India Multi-modal Aviation team, the Jr. Engineer, Tool and Die Maker is responsible for new part development, tool try out which include draw radius polishing, maintaining tang-ency, diamond polishing as per problem faced in tool try out independently. Able to find out problem in press tool like forming, piercing, blanking drawing, deep drawing; tube hydro forming tools and fixtures. Responsible for production as per production plan.
• Responsible for tool try out and proving of tools like tube hydro-forming, forming, piercing, blanking, forming, deep drawing.
• Hands on experience on CNC press operation and production on same (Schuler Presses)
• Prepare CNC programming for press operation as per part forming requirement.
• Responsible for production within time as per production plan.
• Ensure readiness of Dies & tools in order to meet production targets as per schedule.
• Recording of all tool tryout feedback in trial log book.
• Should be capable for selection of lubrication required for part forming.
• Develop manufacturing processes for multiple stage forming parts.
• Responsible for Process capability and First Part Qualification process.
• Establish standard cycle time on manufacturing process and monitor the actual achievement.
• Optimize production performance on both quality and quantity.
• Process Improvement with the help of Lean tools like Root Cause analysis, CAPA and Defect management.
• Should be able to give training to trainees on tool tryout, trail problem solving, press operation and increase the Skill matrix.
• Perform statistical approach on manufacturing performance reporting.
• Responsible for all types of press tool maintenance independently.
• Must comply all EHS requirements.
• Actively support EHS programs in the plant.
• Maintain Master list of tooling.
• Maintain consumable record and keep the stock of minimum requirement.
• Support in tool design to tool designer to implement all practical experience at design stage only.
• Scheduling and carrying out regular offline activities and PM of machines.
• Maintaining healthy working atmosphere by 5S tools.
1. Highest Levels of Personal Integrity and Safety Mindset.
2. First Class Diploma in Tool & Die Making / Engineering.
3. 5 to 7 Years of Experience in Engineering industry – with firsthand experience of Tool tryout, production Plan Vs Actual, managing the processes of a Press shop and new product development and prove out.
4. Knowledge in tube hydro-forming, metal forming process, material shearing process, design of forming tooling.
5. Knowledge in press CNC programming.
1. Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions.
2. Strong organizational skills, MS office skills.
3. Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously.
4. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with good oral and written communication skills.
5. Strong project and team member.
6. Knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma Methodology.
7. Fluent in English and Hindi Language (Written and Spoken)
8. Marathi Language Skills (Verbal & Written)
Locations: India; Pune