Customer Facing Software Engineer
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:35:51 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali
Min 3 years of web application development experience, or cloud based architecture, or using an object oriented language such as Java or Ruby
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Customer Facing Support Engineer should be familiar with software development, cloud based architecture as well as previous experience and/or demeanor suited for customer service.
The Customer Facing Support Engineer will be responsible for:
- Following all customer related support needs until closure as well as communication to the customer during the life cycle of a support need ensuring satisfaction with the process and answers.
- Analyzing the issue and utilize diagnostic and monitoring tools to engage and triage the initial case to the appropriate POA dev-ops scrum team, predix/apm teams, customer supporting teams, etc.
- Represent the customer perspective in defect prioritization with the dev-ops team.
- Will have proactive monitoring and customer response actions in addition to the
reactive support activity.
- Serve as the single point of contact for the customer in all support needs. Represent the customer perspective in all priority setting situations.
- Participate in the trouble-shooting, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of customer software. Be responsible for producing technical and business documentation in support of software solutions developed - maintaining and updating the customer knowledge base with relevant materials Collaborate with US, near-shore, and off-shore based team members to deliver software solutions.
- Implement detailed functional and technical specifications required to satisfy business requirements. Utilize software monitoring and diagnostic tools to proactively and reactively assist the customer
- Suggest improvements to all support tools as necessary.
- Provide functional and technical documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Support high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
- Serve as the single point of contact for the customer in all support needs.
- Represent the customer perspective in all priority setting situations.
- Participate in the trouble-shooting, testing, documentation, implementation, and maintenance of customer software.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Oil & Gas industry experience preferred but not required
- Experience building and deploying applications with Cloud Foundry Demeanor conducive to customer service and customer satisfaction
- Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
- Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
- Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
- Experience with J2EE or Spring MVC
- Experience with Tomcat or similar configuration settings
- Agile & SCRUM development experience
- Experience in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
Locations: United Arab Emirates; Jebel Ali