Systems & Instrumentation Engineer
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:36:16 PM
- Job Function: Services
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital Solutions
Location(s): Russian Federation
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Systems and Instrumentation Engineer is responsible for planning, execution, and troubleshooting of Asset Condition Monitoring Systems focused on meeting customer and business goals. This position is focused on systems and instrumentation service (both project and reactive based).
SAFETY: Achieve zero accidents and injuries by strict following all safety procedures, training and protective equipment requirements. Always be aware of the environment in which you are working. Take responsibility for own safety and safety of coworkers. Communicate all safety issues or concerns immediately to manager.
QUALITY: Perform service work in accordance with company policies and requirements and guidelines. Report any deficiencies to Quality via the current reporting procedures. Notify Technical Support and Tech Leader about GE Bently Nevada product quality problems maximum within one week.
TIMELINESS: Perform training and service work in a timely manner and adhere to time schedules and specific deadlines. The deadlines are applicable to full scope of the project, including technical reports and financial reports. Inform Service Manager and Customer prior deadline commences if it has to be extended. Inform the Sales Representative within one week of any opportunities or problems with a customer.
COST: Perform service work in the most efficient and economical manner possible, with adherence to GE T&L policy, local business policies and contract specific rules.
REQUIREMENTS: As defined in actual version of Field Engineering Program Certification standard document and specific product certification requirements.
TRAINING: Complete timely and pass certification as assigned by Service Manager, Technical Leader.
1. Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation
2. Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment
3. Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites
4. Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability
5. Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
6. Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis
7. Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
8. Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within GE safety standards
9. Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages
10. Installation and/or maintenance of transducers, configuration of monitoring and protection system on customer assets and configuration of computer based products. The actual duties that the person becomes qualified to perform may be expanded in scope and nature based on the on-the-job experiences which are available.
11. Perform elements of technical project coordination.
12. Act to ensure customers satisfaction.
13. Help to train customers where necessary.
14. Identify Sales opportunities and communicate to Sales team.
15. Complete all administration tasks on time. Ensures timely completion of given field or office tasks and documentation for assignment.
1. 5 years university degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering.
2. Understanding and experience of network design and integration.
3. Willingness to travel within CIS will be required. Depending on schedule assigned time can achieve up to 75% of working time.
4. Requires operation of: Handheld digital multimeter, function generator, power supply, oscilloscope, basic tools kit, computers and peripherals, as well as Windows Server Operating System and Microsoft Office software for word processing, spreadsheet, e-mail and internet access.
5. The person shall have strong communication and problem solving skills and be able to communicate freely in English and Russian in multinational environment.
6. Possess a valid driver's license and foreign passport.
This position may involve demanding physical requirements and work in offshore/onshore remote locations, where access to medical care is not consistent, and weather conditions extreme. The applicant may be required to undergo fit for duty medical exams.
Successful candidates will be employed under local employment conditions and must already satisfy local employment/work permit and residency regulations.
Locations: Russian Federation