GE (NYSE: GE) is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge, the "GE Store," through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry. www.ge.com www.gecapital.com GE Capital: we’re not just bankers, we’re builders.
Headquartered in Norwalk Connecticut,GE Capital is one of the world’s largest providers of credit andexpertise. For more than 1 million businesses, GE Capital provides financing to purchase, lease anddistribute equipment, as well as capital for real estate and corporate acquisitions, refinancings and restructurings. GE Capital operates in a number of industries, from airlines, healthcare and energy financingto fleet, franchise and middle market corporate finance. For approximately 80 million consumers, GE Capital offers credit cards and retail sales finance programs. GE Capital is an extension of GE's rich heritage of building and supporting growth, providing customers with insight, knowledge and expertise in addition to financing.
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Join us and you’ll find yourself part of a dynamic team full of professional challenges and opportunities. To learn more visit www.gecapital.com
GE is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that promise we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Role Summary:
A member of the Client Funding team at GE Capital Industrial Finance- Working Capital Solutions (WCS). As a client funding analyst you are responsible for managing the client funding process for disparate GE industrial business units located throughout EMEA. Essential Responsibilities:
The client funding analyst is expected to foster good client relationships, exercise strong control over the entire funding process while working in tight timelines with multiple parallel work streams. Accuracy and timeliness are imperative to the functional process, balancing purchasing optimization with rigid closing timelines. The position responsibilities extend to client issue resolution throughout the factoring life cycle, spanning from integration, through normal funding cycles and including client modification projects. This position will be the Funding CoE Champion for developments and simplification initiatives related to factoring.
These deliverables require close coordination with internal, cross functional teams such as IT, Risk, Commercial, and Integrations.
Additional responsibilities include project management that oversees process enhancements, new business opportunities and changing regulations. You will drive developments in our systems aimed towards improving the funding process. An analytical approach to problem solving and the ability to manage multiple stakeholders is highly valued
1. Preparation of funding schedule, adjusting for specific jurisdictional restrictions and taking into account client and internal stakeholder (IT, Risk) requirements.
2. Timely execution of the funding cycle, with complete adherence to the funding schedule and escalation of any issues which introduce risk of timely execution.
3. Rigorously maintain the internal controls that support execution of all Funding activities, engagement throughout the factoring life cycle will help control:
- Law 136 reconciliations (Italy);
- FL Advance to bank statement reconciliations;
- Incorrect reopening of invoices;
- Incorrect FL systematic charges;
- Compliance to gross funding jurisdictional requirements;
- Adherence to sharia specific commodity requirements;
- Process checks related to new product introductions.
4. Communicate & closely work together with internal teams such as: Risk, IT and Integrations to ensure:
- Fast response and pragmatic resolution to Client queries
- Cross functional cooperation to execute upon client account modification projects
- Assist where necessary in reconciliations with clients, investors and/or controllership
- Follow up with clients on overdue positions
- Close cooperation with the Bank Booking Team to allocate incoming and outgoing payments
- Maintain constant communication & feedback to IT during development or UAT testing.
5. Lead and/or Participate in improvement projects within FactorLink, WCS Online, Client reporting or general process improvements where required.
• HBO or University degree required (Commercial, Management or Finance degree preferred) or equivalent experience
• Directly related experience in financing services activities
• Financial & Client Account Analysis Experience
• Factoring and Trade Finance experience a plus
• Pro-active and independent problem solving skills, ability to develop operational processes, drive standardization and function well within a team.
• Ability to drive the factoring process and other projects
• Ability to communicate and build strong relationships with our stakeholders (internal and external)
• Customer responsive, problem solver.
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated effective organization & multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail
• Strong computer skills, Microsoft office required with a willingness & ability to learn bespoke WCS platforms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (especially English)
• Multilingual preferred: English is a requirement and Chinese / Dutch / French / Spanish / Italian are a plus