Lead Systems Engineer
- GE Healthcare
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:36:29 PM
- Job Function: Engineering/Technology
- Business Segment: Healthcare Imaging
Location(s): China; BeiJing; Beijing
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Maintain global product installs, drive continuous quality improvement, customer satisfaction, serviceability/profitability, and post market compliance, for Fixed RAD Xray business. This role involves numerous opportunities to learn/grow/demonstrate knowledges/skills on post market business operations, product life cycle management, simple/complex product redesigns.
And this role brings exciting career experience working with real global and real cross-functional teams, and develops the engineering leaderships
1.. Participate global IB operation mechanisms, identify the areas the team can do better product design, service/customer support, and execute relative design changes
2. Flow down the regulatory evolutions into design changes and design documentation changes, plan/execute detail actions together with a small group engineering team
3. Execute NC/Complaint/Investigation/CAPA process with quality and speed, ensure operation targets are met and post market management is compliant, together with global CHU/QA/RA team
4. Lead engineering domain conjoint technical discussions/reviews within IB team or with global modality/COE engineering team or senior TCP team, making sure the field issues are interpreted, owners assigned and deliverables are accounted. The final solution to customer is high quality, without any compliance yield or compromise, also the business interests are considered.
5. Maintain the product design history files, including design requirement, design output, labeling, risk management files
Quality Specific Goals:
1. Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
2. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
3. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
1. Master degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent.
2. 5-year relative work experience including handling CSO, Compliant, Investigation, Non-Conformance, CAPA and Engineering Design Change.
3. Demonstrated technical domain knowledge by being current on engineering design principles, architectures and advancements in clinical and engineering concepts and technologies. Knowledge of X-ray products is more valued.
4. Demonstrated problem-solving techniques.
5. Demonstrated ability to make recommendations to technical and program leadership to improve the product, process or technology.
6. Effective communication skills and boundary less behavior—ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
7. Demonstrated organizational, functional, and leadership expertise to lead a small team on a project, sub-system or platform initiative.
1. Experience working in a IB, Service or System Engineering team.
2. Strong analytical, trouble-shooting skills
3. Ability to work independently
4. Customer orientation: self-motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently and learn quickly
5. Customer focused: strong interpersonal skills, ability to listen to customer, build relationships, and work under pressure
6. General project leadership skills.
7. Design for Reliability (DFR) or Design for Service (DFS) or 6sigma DMAIC or DFSS experience.
8. Candidate to have very strong customer focus.
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing