Sr Manager - Program Management
- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:36:46 PM
- Job Function: Digital Technology
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Digital
Location(s): India; Bangalore
GE Digital is helping to transform GE itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company. We'll help GE and our customers drive greater asset reliability, lower their operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix industrial cloud platform and software solutions.
The success of diversity at GE reflects the integrity of our leadership and builds a strong foundation for future leaders to continue our tradition of inclusiveness. By bringing individuals, cultures and ideas together we build a stronger company and a better world.
As a Sr Manager - Program Management, you will be responsible for the delivery of complex, cross disciplined business programs that span across various Digital organizations, various stakeholders within GE, including GE Digital, customer production support and operations, as well as partners. You will define and execute programs, track & monitor key parameters to ensure goals are met on time and on budget.
GE - Oil & Gas: https://www.youtube.com/user/geoilandgas
Your Days at GE:
1) You will ensure that development deliverable meet the 'Definition of Done' and handle risk and dependencies between organizations.
2) Define and implement processes for coordination and communication between organizations and within GE; Work closely with product release management to ensure that Digital product deliverables are coordinated with corresponding deliverables from other organizations.
3) You are required to establish governance structure that identifies key performance indicators, set landmarks, and establish a reporting cadence.
4) Track and monitor program status and metrics to make sure the team is punctual, and internal and external delivery commitments are met.
5) Ensure that the product development process abides by all defined cross-discipline standards and all compliance and regulatory requirements. Leader should interface effectively with all levels of the organization and external customers - globally & locally in large organization will be added advantage.
1) Coordinating multiple interdependent projects forming a program. Provides input on defining the standards and defining project management practices followed by all project managers and project team within the program or division.
2) Uses deep technology, process and domain expertise to drive execution across multiple interdependent projects within a program.
1) Excellent computer skills and proficiency in excel, word, outlook, and access. Experience using Confluence, Rally, or AHA a plus.
2) At least 12 years of experience with Program Management and Agile SW development.
3) Strong knowledge of managing agile based SW development using Rally and TFS. Experience in managing Cloud based solutions is expected from a Sr Manager - Program Management.
A minimum of 12 year(s) of professional experience in software engineering with a Bachelor's Degree OR a Master's Degree with 10 year(s) of experience in software engineering.
Works on large-size project or a program comprising of multiple projects impacting a single or multiple domains. Collaborates functional owners(s), project technical team(s), project managers within program and inter dependencies teams.
Locations: India; Bangalore