- GE Energy Connections
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:36:59 PM
- Job Function: Environmental Health & Safety
- Business Segment: Energy Connections Industrial Solutions
Location(s): China; ShangHai; Shanghai
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Provide direct EHS management for Critical Power Shanghai plant.
• Maintain in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed country and local regulations.
• Implement and execute GE Energy Management & IS EHS programs to attain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations
• Lead oversight for EHS requirements related to all rooftops transactions, including lease renewals, facility re-locations or exits.
• Work closely with Operations Teams to ensure effective implementation of all Energy Management/ Industrial Solutions EHS Management Systems and gauge using Health & Safety and Environmental scorecard systems.
• Drive EHS compliance through audits, process/equipment review, management of change program and proactive risk reduction projects.
• Demonstrate strong leadership as a member of site management team.
• Drive GE Corporate, Energy Management and Industrial Solutions EHS initiatives and values
• Leverage regional expertise and best practices from other GE sites.
• Plan and conduct EHS training for all site employees.
• Lead Compliance Assurance program at site & compile reports to HQ
• Perform site audits and lead efforts with management teams to assign and implement corrective actions.
• Conduct incident/accident investigations and develop corrective & preventative action plans.
• Maintain EHS expertise to provide technical & regulatory support to Operations teams.
• Coordinate EHS efforts, including contractor qualification and oversight among external GE and non-GE contractors who come to site.
• Work cooperatively with EHS HQ on various projects and initiatives.
• Lead efforts to maintain manufacturing site ISO 14001 certification and plan for future Global Star certification.
• 4 year degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Health and Safety or related technical degree.
• Minimum of 4+ years of related EHS experience in industry or manufacturing.
• Advanced computer skills, primarily with MS Office software programs, i.e., Excel, Powerpoint, Word , and able to navigate internet and intranet tools
• Experience with Customer interaction
• Experience with Regulatory Agency interaction
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated influencing skills in a team environment workforce
• Comprehensive knowledge of China regulations.
• Ability to work with site management team and with all levels of management
Locations: China; ShangHai; Shanghai