GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Working in the Non-Destructive Test (NDT) department the successful candidate will be engaged in the inspection of composite parts using ultrasonic inspection techniques. The successful candidate will be provided with sufficient training to enable completion of the NANDTB approved agency examination in ultrasonic inspection up to level 2 certification. Once achieved this certification procedure is repeated every five years. This role is to work on a night shift.
Once certification has been achieved the successful candidate will undertake the following responsibilities:
• Will be required to work Shifts (including Continentals and Nights) Qualifications/Requirements:
• Ultrasonic inspection of composite parts using manual and automatic scanning in accordance with approved techniques
• Managing flow of product through the area to meet with production demands
• Reporting results of inspection to interested parties
• Compilation of part specific techniques in accordance with drawing, specified acceptance criteria and customer process specification requirements
• Preparation for and participation in regular external NADCAP NDT audit
• Re-certification of reference test pieces
• Maintenance of inspection records and technique sheets
• Advising regarding inspection solutions for new projects
• On the job and class room training will be required, including examinations
• Apprentice served or significant Manufacturing and/or Operation experience
• Level 2 NDT Certification
• Experience interacting with groups/people
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Numerically competent
• Comfortable working with computers
• Able to pass eye test (aided or unaided) including near vision and color perception
• Able to pass hearing test
• Self-motivated with a good level of initiative
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
United Kingdom; Hamble-le-Rice