GE (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. For more information, visit the company's website at www.ge.com
GE Energy Connections is helping to solve the world’s toughest energy challenges through the design of leading technology solutions for the delivery, management, conversion, and optimization of electrical power for customers across multiple energy-intensive industries. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. We offer the insight and experience that will help our customers build a brighter energy future for all of us.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Our office provides possibilities to have a nice walk or sit in the well-maintained garden, grab a cup of coffee at the nearby modern or traditional coffee shop, or get in shape at the gym. Role Summary:
We are looking for an intern (40 hours/week) to our medium size team that is based in two locations, working with source products, purchase from 130 different vendors. This is a great opportunity to gain work experience in a multicultural environment, learn about supply chain processes of an industrial company and get hand on experience with SAP. Essential Responsibilities:
- Initiate workflow for transports from external suppliers to GE European warehouses. Follow up deliveries in terms of punctuality. Daily contact with Transportation team & Warehouse Staff;
- Preparing standard report: overdue non-stock available customer ordes, inventory situation, open purchase orders, exception messages report;
- Entering to SAP documents: suppliers order confirmations & delivery notes;
- Support Team Leader and Buyers at other ad-hoc reports & quarter closing activities.
- You have ongoing College/University studies or just finished College/University (active student status is not required);
- You are able to work at least 20 hours a week for part-time internship
- Your are able to work 40 hours a week for full-time internship
- You can navigate your way through Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel;
- You have a fluent English knowledge both written and spoken (second foreign language, especially French is advantage)
Your chances are higher if
- You’re really excited to learn about Resale and Supply chain;
- You can work quick and accurately;
- You have imagination to find new ways to solve problems;
- You prefer to work in a team and make friends with colleagues;
- You believe your internship should be more exciting than just making coffee.
Hungary, Poland; Budapest, Łódź