GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and watch our discoveries in action on our YouTube channel.
Learn More About GE Healthcare – Life Sciences Role Summary:
Learn More About Careers at GE Healthcare – Life Sciences
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
As the Senior Demand Planner you will be responsible for consolidating and understanding sales and marketing data in order to lead production of sales and delivery forecasts for a defined region. The role can be based out of Cork or Amersham and will focus on our Core Imaging products. Do you have excellent stakeholder management skills and want to develop in a global organisation? Join GE! Essential Responsibilities:
It is expected that the individual has a thorough understanding of the business - in particular commercial and financial planning, regulatory environment and logistical issues - in order to anticipate impacts on sales and supply, take leadership and personal responsibility in identifying and establishing economic solutions and provide recommendations to management.
• Forecasting: Ensure approved 24 months sales and delivery forecast at any time. Develop the process of creating forecasts and replenishment plans for the region/ area. Give clear direction on forecasting goals and direction. Qualifications/Requirements:
• Sales and Operations Planning (SPP): Ensure quality and continuity of regular pre-SPP meetings. Provide input to SPP/Demand Review. Generates ad hoc analyses as required and gives planning & analytical support within and outside the function, both in relation to SPP, GPB, QMI and SII. Support execution of central programs and strategic decisions through SPP.
• Performance Measurement: Monitoring and analysis of sales history, reporting of forecast changes and drivers. Measuring and analyzing regional key performance indicators and derive clear actions from it. Track and analyze regional supply performance and take leadership in exceptions management. Develop policies and performance objectives for the region/ area.
• Sales Variant and Life Cycle Management: Analyze product portfolios with respect sales volume, value and margins. Manage new product introduction and discontinuation. Advocate commercial needs in change alert process (CAP).
• Planning systems: Maintain and develop forecasting parameters, master data and models which provide transparent and consistent data to enable rapid decision making.
• Markets: support markets and distribution centres in establishing planning processes and systems especially with regards to emerging markets.
• Process improvement: Identify and participate in supply chain demand planning improvement initiatives.
• Stakeholder management: Take personal responsibility to keep key stakeholders informed and escalate and manage issues for resolution.
• Development: Be pro-active in addressing issues, sub-optimal use of resources, sharing best-practice, acquire a thorough understanding of related metrics and their impact on operations and keep informed and updated on relevant planning theory, statistical methods and modeling as well as forecasting benchmarks. Takes corrective action to ensure problems do not reoccur. Anticipates obstacles and thinks ahead to next steps
• Higher business education or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Affinity to systems and use of computers/software. Good Excel and PowerPoint skills are essential.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Ability to communicate on various organizational levels using English language.
• Stakeholder management experience.
• Exposure to Supply Chain Management.
• Experience working across different functions.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• SCM / Planning education and work experience Locations:
• Working knowledge of planning processes and systems (SAP R/3, APO or other advanced planning systems)
• Healthcare experience is not essential but would be beneficial.
United Kingdom, Ireland; Cork, Amersham