- GE Oil & Gas
- Posted 5/8/2017 3:38:27 PM
- Job Function: Manufacturing
- Business Segment: Oil & Gas Surface
Location(s): Singapore; Singapore
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
• Perform Automatic machine GTAW Cladding, Welding, Grinding, Gouging, Flame Cutting, Material Handling and other relevant fabrication activities in line with Engineering drawing, WPS and manufacturing orders.
• Support the HSE implementation in the shop.
• Read and understand Engineering Drawing, WPS, Welding symbols and MOs.
• Perform welding or overlay work with appropriate material using both manual and / or automated process following above said documents
• Set up, operate and maintain welding machinery & other related equipment in the work shop.
• Fill up and maintain weld map and sign off the MOs accordingly after completion of work.
• Inspect and maintain all tools required for the job.
• Do proper housekeeping in work area and do 5S inspection accordingly to schedule
• Should be able to use at least one clad machine and perform jobs with minimum defects.
• Assist as required in gouging, flame cutting, grinding, material handling or other related work in difficult condition onsite, offsite or customer locations as & when required.
• Participate in I cube and 5S project in lean Manufacturing.
• Interpret & apply relevant specifications, procedures and standards to overlay the part with minimum rejects
• Complete jobs within standard hours provided in MOs.
• Maintain welding equipment, hand tools and keep work area clean and tidy. Record all the process sheets as required. Inspect your areas and other areas as directed by charge-hand.
• Work safely and ask questions when not sure about anything.
• Minimum ITI / ITE / Diploma / graduate in science.
• Working experience as a welder in heavy industry for at least 3 years. Minimum qualification in previous organisation should be 1G, 2G and 3G with minimum SMAW process.
• Should be able to read and understand English. Should be able to read - understand Engineering drawing, welding symbols and WPS.
• Pro-active, willing to learn from mistake, hardworking, able to work in shift under pressure
• Overlay simple parts with minimum defects - should be able to identify welding machine problems and wire or gas problems which can cause welding defects.
• Should be able to take proper corrective actions to produce sound welds and learn from mistakes.
• Should be able to raise maintenance request for any major equipment breakdown.
• Strong knowledge in basic welding process such as SMAW, GTAW, GMAW
• Able to troubleshoot welding issues which arises during cladding and fabrication welding
• Analytical ability to deal with people and technical problems.
• Strong knowledge on welding power source, welding torches, and its accessories.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Locations: Singapore; Singapore