GE has confirmed it is exploring options for selling the Water & Process Technologies business. The plan to divest the business is a strategic decision that provides an opportunity to reposition the business for growth and further invest for long-term success. Water & Process Technologies will operate business as usual through this process and will continue to meet its commitments to its valued customers and employees. This includes hiring strong talent to help the business grow and be successful. GE is targeting to complete the sale of the business by mid-2017.
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
It is not about your career… it is not about your job title… it is about who you are…. It is about the impact you are going to make on the world. You want to go into uncharted waters… do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better. GE has been doing that for decades! We will continue to do so! We are the world’s digital industrial company.
GE Power & Water provides customers with a broad array of power generation, energy delivery and water process technologies to solve their challenges locally. Power & Water works in all areas of the energy industry including renewable resources such as wind and solar; biogas and alternative fuels; and coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy. The business also develops advanced technologies to help solve the world’s most complex challenges related to water availability and quality. Numerous products are qualified under ecomagination, GE’s commitment to providing innovative solutions that maximize resources, drive efficiencies and help make the world work better. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Headquartered in Schenectady, N.Y., Power & Water is GE’s largest industrial business. Follow GE Power & Water on Twitter @GE_PowerWater.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
This is an exciting opportunity for an electrician, at any stage of their career, to join a small team focused on producing cutting edge water treatment equipment. In addition to world class training & The electrician will be responsible for the final assembly of skid and container mounted water treatment equipment. The position will also include other routine facility maintenance tasks.
• Work from a range of approved technical drawings and documents with limited technical supervision.
• Install control panels, 415VAC power panels, motor drives and instrumentation onto large water treatment systems along with the required cabling.
• Install steel cable management systems and PVC conduit
• Complete testing of installed systems as required by project quality plan.
• Complete facility based maintenance tasks, such as lighting repairs, PAT and basic troubleshooting.
• Follow general safety standards and comply with all Safety Risk Assessments requirements.
• Complete EHS training courses on an IT system and attend classroom based training. This includes risk assessment, lockout procedures, permits etc.
• Work overtime during evenings and weekends if required.
• Work effectively with mechanical fitters and electricians in small teams of 2-4 people
• Compliance with business ISO Quality requirements, the business quality policy and any other applicable quality processes and procedures.
• The Electrician can be required to perform additional tasks not mentioned above in line with the business need.
• Level 3 NVQ qualification in electrical based subject (only City & Guilds) or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages
• Experience in industrial electrical works
• Strong record of EHS and Quality awareness
• Apprentice trained
• 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
• Level 3 qualification in Electrical inspection & testing or equivalent knowledge and experience
• Experience configuring instruments and drives
• PLC / control system troubleshooting
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working Desired Characteristics:
• Maintain standards of conduct
• Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
• Good communication and interpersonal skills Locations:
United Kingdom; Peterborough