GE Oil & Gas is a world leader in advanced technologies and services with 43,000 employees in more than 100 countries supporting customers across the industry—from extraction to transportation to end use. Our unrelenting commitment to the environment, health and safety, quality and integrity defines us: it’s The Way We Work. We develop smart solutions for our customers across the oil and gas value chain delivering the innovation, customized service solutions, training programs and technology that helps them to maximize their efficiency, productivity and equipment reliability.
Between Budapest and Fót (15 minutes distance from Budapest center, commuting allowance upon travelling policy or company shuttle bus provided after hiring).
Local canteen on a reduced price and On-site Gym provided. Role Summary:
Field Project Engineer shall act as focal point of Fót Plant Supply Chain and shall handle post shipment activities (modifications, punch items closure, etc.) to achieve customer satisfaction. Focuses on quality and customer fulfillment. Collects all necessary details regarding requests and creates a cost effective plan to perform planned activities. Essential Responsibilities:
- Handle service needs originated by Project Managers after the cabinet leaves Fót Plant;
- Represents TMS Fót operations in terms of aftersales activities;
- Builds up the team from the resource pool (Manufacturing, Engineering, Test), manage travels and team during aftersales activity;
- Prepares the cost estimation, activity schedule, work hours estimation and related material requisition;
- Verifies that legal and training needs arising from the mission are met before the mission starts;
- Strongly co-operates with Engineering to have approved solutions for the site implementation;
- Co-ordinates the aftersales site activity with the site owner;
- Be responsible for verifying the implementation and the efficiency of the actions; meeting or exceeding EHS and Quality standards;
- Document all modifications and creates reports after activities performed.
- Minimum Mechanical or Electrical Engineer degree;
- Experience in similar position;
- Repair, assembly, test or field experience;
- Strong technical background;
- Fluent English and Hungarian language knowledge;
- Proven experience in client handling;
- Computer skills: Excel, Word, Power Point, database handling experience;
- Analytical thinking;
- Structured way of work;
- Ability to work in team and alone as well, while ability to motivate others;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to travel to different locations (50%);
- Fast thinking and problem solving skills
- SAP/Oracle knowledge;
- Lean / 6 sigma knowledge and experience;
- Project execution experience;
- Quality experience.